Page 45 of 144 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595 ... LastLast
    Some good work there, but what's with classic Firestorm's face?!? And Superman Red & Blue? NOBODY LIKES THAT PERIOD IN SUPES' HISTORY!!! Considered a really lame gimmick by almost every comic fan ever.

Way too many variants, but some cool figures. Too bad we won't ever see them in stores thanks to Mattel's shoddy distribution.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I went to two Big Lots and the Mattel Store in San Bernardino today. No luck on Cyborg Superman. If anyone finds an extra at their Big Lots, please keep me in mind. I'd really like this one, as it's a real villain and not a silly "urban camo" type figure.

The Mattel Store is a joke. They had a ton of Batman, a ton of Superman, a goodly amount of Lava Reflection Doomsday, and (oddly enough) the Wizard World exclusive Man-Bat. They also have huge signs about the limitations on buying collectible Barbies. As I pointed out to Mrs Chuxter, they should have limitations on action figures, too. One case of Barbies is all the same Barbie--all hot sellers. One case of DC Superheroes is five Supermen and one Mongul--one hot seller, five turds. Maybe if they paid attention to that, they wouldn't have an entire aisle of the Batman, Superman, and Lava Reflection Doomsday.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Ok, I'm not a huge DC fan or collector...

But that said, I definatly have to get DC "Legends" Series II for the BAF Gorilla Grodd that was revealed at WWC today. The old DC direct one wasn't really very cool looking. Shame there's no Flash in the assortment to go with him.

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/0...ith%20toys.jpg

http://www.wizarduniverse.com/magazi.../005545823.cfm
    Beast,

If you're interested Gorilla Grodd is also coming in a Target exclusive boxed set for the JLU animated line.

Chux,

I don't actually want Cyborg Supes but will definitely pick it up if I see one for either you or anyone else that needs it. Is that the Mattel store out in Chino that you're talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Beast,

If you're interested Gorilla Grodd is also coming in a Target exclusive boxed set for the JLU animated line.

Chux,

I don't actually want Cyborg Supes but will definitely pick it up if I see one for either you or anyone else that needs it. Is that the Mattel store out in Chino that you're talking about?
    Yeah, but I wasn't so impressed with the animated look for him. Tempting though.

I'm actually quite impressed with these choices on the first couple of assortments! Of course, Electric Superman sucks but if we've gotta have another Superman variant it might as well be one that's actually appeared in the books. These make me really hopeful for an Adam Strange figure! Cyborg would be pretty bomb, too!

No, this is another one, at their distribution center about five miles north of the I-10 in San Bernardino. I've been there a few times, and never found anything (because they limit the Barbies and not the action figures, I suspect--I find dregs of good waves regularly). I've never been to the one in Chino, nor to the one in (I think) Pomona, if it's still there.

Do you need Mongul? There seems to be no shortage of him around here now.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Chux, do you think you could PM me the address of that distribution center if you have it? I have a friend that lives out that way and I'm sure they'd be interested in checking it out.

On the DC animated figures front, I got the 2 new boxed sets today - Lava Doomsday set and the TRU JLU Original Members set. Now that Target is down to just one peg for JLU 3 packs and not sticking any singles besides Bats and Supes, I don't think I'll be finding any of the animated figs I need unless Big Lots comes through. what a scary thought that is.

I got the JLU Blue Devil figure (J&H is probably hoping for a JLU Tar Heel figure! ) as well as McDonald's LOSH Validus.

I got the JLU Blue Devil figure (J&H is probably hoping for a JLU Tar Heel figure! ) as well as McDonald's LOSH Validus.
    A TarHeel figure would definately be better than a Blue Devil....yuck!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

FINALLY snagged a Two Face figure today!! I had one on pre-order for MONTHS and a few of my online stores had said their case orders had been cancelled, so I was slightly worried. I called TRU this morning and the guy said they got a truck in this morning and it would be unloaded during the day sometime. So, after I got done teaching my class, I stopped by TRU where I spotted a lone Camo Bane. I immediately got PO'd, thinking I had missed it, but i asked an associate who worked there and she found another case in the back that hadn't been opened yet. The case ratio was: 3 Batman, 1 Bane, 1 Batgirl and 1 Two Face. I didn't care for any of the other figures, but I was UBER happy to see Two Face. He looks VERY VERY awesome, easily one of the better DCSH thus far. And I like his outfit with the tommy gun, it's very 50's gangster style. I've attached a few pics I took with my phone. Enjoy!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two face.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	15954   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	two face2.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	15955  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"