Page 61 of 144 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast
    Found the MM Batman figure at WM earlier in the week. I don't really care for the new movie's costume, but this is a decent figure of it. The Mattel QC on it wasn't so great though, I had to be picky about eye paint, and I got a defective hip on mine (at first I thought the peg was stuck and breaking, but it turned out it's just too loose). I don't really like the cape that much, but it fits with the DC Superheroes line - still, I don't see how it's worth $12, Hasbro Rewards check for my other purchases helped offset that at least. They should REALLY have included some batarangs with this figure, it screams for accessories.

I also picked up the Secret Attack Car or whatever it's called. It comes with 2 figures, Bruce and Bats, they're 4" figures and Mattel's got a good start but these are somewhat behind the times - especially the ultra-straight plain arms on Bruce. The vehicle is horribly overpriced at $26, I like the gimmick where it slides the wheels and fenders and bumpers out, but this is a $15 toy at most, it's small. There's 2 variations of it, one with dark gray metallic color and one silver, I went with the darker as it just seemed more bats. The cheap gold plastic inside doesn't look great but it's got a fun transformation and the cheesy slide-away Bruce figure. I don't like the goofy lighting-bolt headlights though, but the rest carries well. Oh, and there's one really weird choice, when the door sides fold down, there's a molded sculpt of Bats driving the car, it lines up with his head even but it's dumb, now he's less armored.

WTF is with this movie packaging? That's got to be the ugliest, most non-descript piece of design ever! What were they thinking with this theme, it seems so incomplete!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I will agree with you on the movie toy packaging.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I also picked up the Secret Attack Car or whatever it's called. It comes with 2 figures, Bruce and Bats, they're 4" figures and Mattel's got a good start but these are somewhat behind the times - especially the ultra-straight plain arms on Bruce. The vehicle is horribly overpriced at $26, I like the gimmick where it slides the wheels and fenders and bumpers out, but this is a $15 toy at most, it's small. There's 2 variations of it, one with dark gray metallic color and one silver, I went with the darker as it just seemed more bats. The cheap gold plastic inside doesn't look great but it's got a fun transformation and the cheesy slide-away Bruce figure. I don't like the goofy lighting-bolt headlights though, but the rest carries well. Oh, and there's one really weird choice, when the door sides fold down, there's a molded sculpt of Bats driving the car, it lines up with his head even but it's dumb, now he's less armored.
    Isn't that the one you were excited about earlier? I think I remember when someone showed the pic of it....I thought it looked pretty cool. Guess it isn't worth the pricetag that comes with it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Yeah, that was the one I was excited about, and it's not like it failed me or something, I just didn't expect it to be such a smaller scale. Honestly, it comes with 2 full figures (4") of main characters, the vehicle's size is around $15, so it's not like it's totally outlandish to be $26, it's just a little overpriced. I wouldn't say DON'T buy it based on my lack of enthusiasm, I just can't give it a big Kit Fisto grin when I say I bought it.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have an extra BLUE SUPERMAN if anybody needs it. HOWEVER, at this point I only want to trade for Harley Quinn as this wave has barely made it into the ohio region, if at all. thanks!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Another figure from DC Universe Classics Wave 6 has been revealed. Kalibak!

He'll join Mister Miracle, Hawkman, and Recovery Suit Superman.

No word on who the final figure in the wave is, or who the C&C figure is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCUC Kalibak.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	17454  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Maybe Kalibak is the C&C figure?
    It's possible. But honestly, I think he could be single carded easily.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I really hope he is not the C&C figure for the wave because i want him to have a Super Powers variant. I wish they would have went with a version closer to that figure.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

If he's being produced in comic accurate dimensions, he'd almost have to be the Collect and Connect figure.