Page 63 of 144 FirstFirst ... 135359606162636465666773113 ... LastLast
    Evenflow,

The dispute over the Superboy character basically began when the rights were granted to Jerry Siegel's wife and daughter. Warner Brothers wanted the rights, but were denied. If memory serves me right, this case basically meant that as of 2004, the Siegels were entitled to the Superboy name and no other entity could use it without their permission. There was actually some debate about whether or not "Smallville" violated those rights.

I think that pretty much sums it up. It is basically more legal mumbo-jumbo and a mess of red tape.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Q: When Wave 6 of the DCUC hits, we will have 3/4s of the Reign of the Supermen figures.
    Who's this "we"?! I still have yet to see the Cyborg Superman anywhere near a retail establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Who's this "we"?! I still have yet to see the Cyborg Superman anywhere near a retail establishment.

The "we" represents the consumers. I have not seen a Cyborg Superman either.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Target had the 4" Batman: The Dark Knight figures in. They're sold in 2packs, every one of 'em has the same Batman figure also found in the sports car and 2 folding playsets, but with paint additions (and surprisingly, they are more subtle and less insulting than the 5" line!). There's the same Bruce Wayne from the sports car, Joker, Scarecrow, and a Joker Thug - though the thug 2pack was nowhere to be seen.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Target had the 4" Batman: The Dark Knight figures in. They're sold in 2packs, every one of 'em has the same Batman figure also found in the sports car and 2 folding playsets, but with paint additions (and surprisingly, they are more subtle and less insulting than the 5" line!). There's the same Bruce Wayne from the sports car, Joker, Scarecrow, and a Joker Thug - though the thug 2pack was nowhere to be seen.
    I saw those at my local Target also ! I ended up getting the batman and joker 2 pack ! The paint job on the joker was pretty sloppy on some of them.

I looked at 1 Joker, seemed exactly on par with the 5" version which I'm not impressed by, but I didn't notice its paint was really bad or anything, just no better than the regular one.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Please note that the above post was rhetorical in nature, and was intended as sarcastic in nature in light of the poor distribution of the Cyborg Superman figure at retail. Way I hear tell, almost nobody has seen a Cyborg Superman.

I almost bought a 4" Batman/Joker 2-pack tonight, but I was extremely disappointed in Joker as well that he looks like an exact duplicate of the 5" version, which sadly does not match up with the Joker's look from the movie very well at all.

Please note that the above post was rhetorical in nature, and was intended as sarcastic in nature in light of the poor distribution of the Cyborg Superman figure at retail. Way I hear tell, almost nobody has seen a Cyborg Superman.

I understood what you were saying. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I have yet to see a Cyborg Superman at retail either.

Woah! Have you guys seen this?! Hot Toys is producing a 1/6th scale Dark Knight Batmobile! The Batpod's pretty cool, too! I'm thinking I might take out a loan - that thing is frikkin' wicked!http://www.superherotimes.com/newsarchive/003517.php
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	377DSC_3839_gdx3_path_3x4.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	18.5 KB 
ID:	17621   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	377DSC_3934_gdx2a_3x4.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	17622