Page 67 of 144 FirstFirst ... 175763646566676869707177117 ... LastLast
    Even though it's the wrong color, the Ambush on Ilum Padme's gun looks perfect for Adam Strange. Now if only I could find where I put it.

I finally saw the full first half of DCUC Wave 2 at Wal-Mart this week.
    Finally found Harley Quinn! WOOT!

I haven't been keeping track of upcoming waves or the Infinites,but I get the feeling our wallets are going to get a lot lighter in the next year.

Matty Collector is officially live now.

First DCUC Exclusive they have is Adam Strange and Starfire. Lobo will also be available soon.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.105864400

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...ctID.105864700
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Lobo is one fraggin' cool figure. It could only be cooler if it came with his chopper, the gorilla, a few killer penguins, and real blood and guts from his latest victim.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The Mattel pricing at the con drove me away from their booth. There's nothing I want from them, $30 King Grayskull, $25 Lobo, c'mon! I took their free inflatable MOTU sword and bought nothing, their pricing is out of control.

I spotted the 1:18 Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile at TRU Culver City yesterday, nearly had a heart attack because I had already spent $75 and couldn't afford another $30. It looks nice, but I think I'm going to pass on this one altogether, I have the regular HW version and now the $6 version, and that one is very similar to the 1:18.

Speaking of the $6 HW Batmobile line, I finished that up this week, found 'em all at Target except the comic version which was at TRU. Decent line, but not as good as Corgi's.

Found the Movie Master Batman Begins Batman in San Diego Target and bought it. Honestly, this figure is garbage compared to MM TDK Bats. Everything on TDK Bats is crisp and clean and well done, the opposite of BB Bats who has soft sculpting, ugly articulation, and is half a head shorter than the TDK version.

You guys see the Target-exclusive Movie Masters Batpod? Looks pretty decent, but a little bulkier than the movie version seemed. http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=29987
    http://photos.actionfigs.com/showphoto.php?photo=29985

DC's 3.75" line is really unimpressive, the sculpting is not that great on stuff like Supes' face which is kinda key to the character. Moreover, it's going to get DESTROYED by Marvel's 3.75" line which Steve just posted pics of, and I bought the Mezco 3.75" Hellboy II Hellboy and that thing is like lightyears beyond DC's paultry entries. Plus, Marvel and Mezco are doing key characters right away while DC hopes they can trick collectors into sitting through lesser-knowns. I won't be surprised if this line tanks before wave 3, just like everything DC that Mattel's done to date.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Agreed JT.

The sculpt, articulation, paint, and even character selection is a bit.... lacking.

In fact according to someone who talked to Hasbro at SDCC, when they saw Mattel's 3 3/4" line pictures, they decided to go back and add even more detail and improvements to the figures. Seems a bit cold, but Hasbro does do that scale better than anyone else. Also, wasn't aware that Steve posted pics. My bad.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I spotted the 1:18 Hot Wheels '66 Batmobile at TRU Culver City yesterday, nearly had a heart attack because I had already spent $75 and couldn't afford another $30. It looks nice, but I think I'm going to pass on this one altogether, I have the regular HW version and now the $6 version, and that one is very similar to the 1:18.
    You're lucky then, I saw one at the closest TRU and checked it on a price scanner, it rang up as $39.99. Fortunately I've already got one, but really wanted an opener.

As for the $6 1/55 line, did you (or anyone else) happen to find out if Mattel is making more of them? I'm really hoping for the TNBA/JL Batmobile, BB Batmobile, BTAS Batcycle, Burtonmobile, and a villain vehicle would be nice.

If they really wanted to be venturous, they could also do the "Savage Time" Batmobile: http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF...e/p1/Pan08.jpg

I'm just disappointed that the only way to get Batgirl's cycle is from the SDCC 3-pack with the Batmobile (which I've already got a carded and opened version of), and the Batcycle. I would've liked them to at least include the Batboat or Batcopter instead of the Batcycle.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

my buddy is looking for new DCU smaller figures, but he can only find random ones around here. I think the one he's craving is Black Atom, but we couldn't find him anywhere around here.

however, several WM's I stopped at last night had new mods up that included DCU figures!! I saw about four Harley's at one store and nearly crapped myself. Insane how she was so scarce just weeks ago...
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

JMG, that Black Adam Infinite Heroes figure isn't out yet.

For any character other than Lobo, I would've passed. But it's the fraggin' MAIN MAN! :mabs:
    Tommy, close your eyes.