Page 68 of 144 FirstFirst ... 185864656667686970717278118 ... LastLast
    Saw a few random Infinite Heroes figures at Target the other day. I'm on the fence about these now that I've seen them in person. They lack detail, have hit-or-miss paint jobs, and some (most) have weird, really large hands.

On the other (large) hand... they're fun and their simplicity is charming. They look like great kids toys, if only kids cared about characters like Shazam, who happened to be the figure that I wanted to buy, but the one I saw had a strange paint flaw on his face.

I like the packaging a lot with these. It's very fun, and again, very kid friendly.

~~~~~~~~~~

Picked up DCU Aquaman and Black Manta the other day also. Will hit W*M again now, looking for Harley Quinn. (Thanks for the tip Jedi_Master_Guyute.)

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    As for the $6 1/55 line, did you (or anyone else) happen to find out if Mattel is making more of them? I'm really hoping for the TNBA/JL Batmobile, BB Batmobile, BTAS Batcycle, Burtonmobile, and a villain vehicle would be nice.
    I didn't find out, and I would like to know.

I'm just disappointed that the only way to get Batgirl's cycle is from the SDCC 3-pack with the Batmobile (which I've already got a carded and opened version of), and the Batcycle. I would've liked them to at least include the Batboat or Batcopter instead of the Batcycle.
    The Batgirlcycle sucked too, I saw it in person and the execution was lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    JMG, that Black Adam Infinite Heroes figure isn't out yet.
    Why is he pictured on the packaging when all those others are out now?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    For any character other than Lobo, I would've passed. But it's the fraggin' MAIN MAN! :mabs:
    I know what you mean, and if it had been my mom making the choice instead of me, that would have been a purchase (she's been a big DC fan all my life), but I have different priorities.

I saw the new JLU figures, and I was appalled to see them using the same packaging design for that line as for Infinite Heroes except for a brand sticker, that's some nerve!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post

I saw the new JLU figures, and I was appalled to see them using the same packaging design for that line as for Infinite Heroes except for a brand sticker, that's some nerve!
    I think it works better for JLU than IH. Unless you're versed in DC comics lore, you would have no idea what the large font "Crisis" means and you'd have no idea what the bubble in the shape of a hand is supposed to be.

The JLU cards, instead of the Anti Monitor hand, have a picture of all the founding members plus some nice screen caps from the show on the back.

Interestingly, at my local Target, they had the JLU singles and Infinite Heroes singles on the same pegs. With both of them at the same 4.99 price point, I can imagine a similar situation to our SW figure lines where they just stock any DC figure onto the pegs, irrespective of what the price tag on the peg reads.

The large "Crisis" means "money-grubbing scheme of, at best, middling quality, which will continue ad nauseum until you drop all our books," right?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Not if you ask me! Actually, if I was going by the title alone I'd almost have to buy them. The I'd only be disappointed once I realized what a mistake I'd made by paying actual money for those crappy figures.

I'm just sick to death of the varying Crises that have been going on for four years or so and look to continue at least for another several months.

Batman simply does not work when fighting cosmic menaces.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I suppose it depends on your perspective. Batman has been part of the foundation of a universe where for the better part of the last century cosmic menaces and the like have been pretty much everyday occurrences. Just because they're not regularly featured in his monthly books doesn't mean he's not part of that world. My Batman works perfectly with anything his good buddies Superman and Green Lantern have to work with. Conan would be a character that just wouldn't work in a cosmic/space type setting, but that's because those things really aren't part of his world. In the world Batman lives in there are men from Krypton who can fly in space and lift mountains, Martians walk openly among humans, men can run at the speed of light, and cosmic powered aliens tend to invade with some frequency. I get the impression that a lot of folks have a notion built up in their heads about who they think a character like Batman is, but that really doesn't jibe with what is actually possible (and common) in his world. He's a fictional character that is very much a part of his very rich, fictional world.

Very excited that the 4HM are able to do Swamp Thing in DCUC. My #1 most wanted DC figure.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

My wally world got in two more cases of TDK figures, each containing three Batman figures and a Joker. This case layout makes no sense as i've seen nothing but Batman over the last few weeks/month. More Jokers for more folks would be good or how about a newly designed goon? Anybody have any info on the future of this line? Thanks in advance!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    My wally world got in two more cases of TDK figures, each containing three Batman figures and a Joker. This case layout makes no sense as i've seen nothing but Batman over the last few weeks/month. More Jokers for more folks would be good or how about a newly designed goon? Anybody have any info on the future of this line? Thanks in advance!
    I saw the same thing at my local WM, 2 cases of TDK MM's but the 2 jokers were gone. Then I went to another WM looking for DCUC wave 3 and I found Green Lantern, Nightwing and Robin !! The sinestro, deathstroke and extra GL were gone. I'm so glad the wave 3 case comes with 2 GL's or I wouldn't had gotten my Hal Jordan !!