Page 69 of 144 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Very excited that the 4HM are able to do Swamp Thing in DCUC. My #1 most wanted DC figure.
    Where does that info come from? Last I had heard, Swamp Thing was off limits as a Vertigo character. Did they somehow manage to work something out recently that I missed hearing about?
    I would absolutely love to see a Four Horsemen Swamp Thing!

Also, I found several Movie Masters Batman/Joker 2-Packs at a TRU on the way back from a camping trip weekend before last!

[QUOTE=RooJay;633021] Where does that info come from? Last I had heard, Swamp Thing was off limits as a Vertigo character. Did they somehow manage to work something out recently that I missed hearing about?
    I would absolutely love to see a Four Horsemen Swamp Thing!
    QUOTE]

Q&A over at Fwoosh from ToyGuru confirmed.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Sounds like Mattel is scrambling to improve the DC Infinite Heroes line, after Hasbro's 3 3/4" line debuted. Over on Fwoosh they said that the figures would be getting more articulation. Going from the current design of limited articulation to something better in 2009. The plan right now seems to be ball jointed elbows and knees and possibly hips, and ankle and wrist joints. No clue on if they'll go to balljointed heads or not.

In 2010, the line will have a new direction away from Infinite Crisis and will feature more detailed sculpting. Fans will also recognize the work of a certain artist in the figures. Hopefully they're talking about George Perez, who drew the definitive versions of many of these characters back in the day. Sounds interesting... I may pick up the Titans related figures from the current line after all. After all, Raven and Starfire don't look bad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Raven and Starfire.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	18003  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by evenflow View Post
    Q&A over at Fwoosh from ToyGuru confirmed.
    Awesome! Hopefully he's coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Sounds like Mattel is scrambling to improve the DC Infinite Heroes line, after Hasbro's 3 3/4" line debuted. Over on Fwoosh they said that the figures would be getting more articulation. Going from the current design of limited articulation to something better in 2009. The plan right now seems to be ball jointed elbows and knees and possibly hips, and ankle and wrist joints. No clue on if they'll go to balljointed heads or not.

In 2010, the line will have a new direction away from Infinite Crisis and will feature more detailed sculpting. Fans will also recognize the work of a certain artist in the figures. Hopefully they're talking about George Perez, who drew the definitive versions of many of these characters back in the day. Sounds interesting... I may pick up the Titans related figures from the current line after all. After all, Raven and Starfire don't look bad.
    Speaking of Starfire - I notice that the Matty Collector Starfire figure seems to be missing her cleavage! She looks like she's got just one big super-boob! No doubt due to the fact that they are using another character's tooling to produce her (one wearing an outfit that provides slightly more coverage.) She still looks pretty cool to me, and I'd never be able to pass her up especially since she's packaged with my boy, Adam Strange, but it'd be a shame if they don't fix that before she ships. I expect better accuracy from this line.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Speaking of Starfire - I notice that the Matty Collector Starfire figure seems to be missing her cleavage! She looks like she's got just one big super-boob! No doubt due to the fact that they are using another character's tooling to produce her (one wearing an outfit that provides slightly more coverage.) She still looks pretty cool to me, and I'd never be able to pass her up especially since she's packaged with my boy, Adam Strange, but it'd be a shame if they don't fix that before she ships. I expect better accuracy from this line.
    Yeah, they're using the body from Harley Quinn I believe.

I wouldn't mind getting Starfire, since I want to collect the Titans and related characters.

But I have no interest in Adam Strange.

Saw this on another board. Someone supposedly found a couple future waves of DCUC figures in the Wal-Mart computers. Of course take the info with a grain or two of salt.

Colossal B Series (Colossal Boy?)
    Green Arrow
    Green Arrow II (Variant?)
    Wildcat
    Speedy
    Green Stewart
    Green Stewart II (Variant?)
    Deadshot
    Black Canary
    Forager

The other wave he couldn't recall. But it had Monel and Raven listed.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post

Sure, if you don't mind the fact that they don't look like the Teen Titans characters. Neither look like the '80s classic nor like their current update, Starfire looks more like Tygra from Thundercats.

And seriously, V-crotch articulation? What is this, the 1993 Playmates Star Trek line?!?

I really don't think Mattel is going to be able to successfully update this line in the future, nor will they get the chance to make this line get to that point anyway.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Huh. I never noticed that Raven's costume especially doesn't match any of the comic costumes she typically wore. Starfire's not as bad, but still not accurate. I do like the Titans figures, so I'll probably still get them. Just hope they make Kid Devil at some point. Captain Boomerang will become a cat toy, I guess.

I have to agree with you. The line suffers from the classic Mattel blunders. They claim it's a collector's focused line, hence why it launched with so many obscure characters. Yet the majority of collector's have no interest in the limited poseability offered by the line. So they're basically shooting themselves in both feet. Since while kids might have been interested in folks like Superman, Batman, etc.... they're nowhere to be found. And by the time the line gets that far along, it's going to already be dying at retail due to flooded pegs of the nobody figures.

I found the first wave of JLU figures with Hawkman, Kilowog and Stargirl, and I gotta say I was kinda disappointed by the packaging, I think it works for the DCUC figures, but not really the smaller figures. There's too much color in a small space distracting you from the figures that don't have alot of coloring.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    I found the first wave of JLU figures with Hawkman, Kilowog and Stargirl, and I gotta say I was kinda disappointed by the packaging, I think it works for the DCUC figures, but not really the smaller figures. There's too much color in a small space distracting you from the figures that don't have alot of coloring.
    HAW! That's a darn good point, I hadn't put it together before but you are so right, the packaging is louder than the product.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.