Page 7 of 144 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by J&H
    Say whatever you want, but you know this is going to be the greatest movie of the summer!!
    The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline. Why you have made this a battle between us and you, I do not know.

The toy line may be mediocre (in YOUR opinions) but I for one am enjoying the constant flow of Superman related items that are coming out..its like a dream come true.
    In OUR opinions? Can you point us to anybody else who thinks this toyline is anything but crummy? I love Supes, I was jazzed to get the DCSH figure not too long ago, but I'd rather have 1 great Superman product than dozens of poor ones.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG
    No idea which Joker we're getting and WTF is Superman Mother Box?!?
    My guess is the Joker from the previous iteration of this line, the Batman 6" line's Joker. Mother Box is a sentient, hyper-intelligent computer with special powers from Darkseid's Apokolips and its enemy world of New Genesis, at one point Superman teams up with a Mother Box to defeat Doomsday the second time around I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Same thing could be said about Star Wars and many of those figures.
    And how many crappy Vader figures were released in the course of 1 month? Apples and Oranges.

A-F is reporting now that several retailers have been told by Mattel that their DCSH line is being pulled while they try to revise it. Good job Mattel, way to continue your string of failures via pitiful case assortments.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline.
    I'm excited about Superman Returns. The movie, not the toys. The toys rather suck.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline.
    I'm pretty excited about the film... maybe I'm a little gunshy after X3, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but Superman Returns looks great from what I've seen so far. It's gonna be hard to compete with the first two Superman films, but I have a feeling that everyone involved had their head in the right place for his one, so we'll just have to wait and see.

As far as the toys go... I don't have very much faith in Mattel, so if a line is sort of (or extremely) lame, then it's no surprise. If they put out something that's great like the DC SH line, then that's a big treat... makes the other lines look even worse, but...

The Superman Returns toys aren't terrible, but it's too bad that they're not better. Mattel has the ability to put out a better product, but they're extremely lazy. Another reason why one company should not have exclusive rights to make toys for a given movie. We'd all benefit from a little competition.

Anyone get a look at the new Barbie and Ken Superman Returns dolls BTW? Lois Lane looks pretty good actually, but the SuperKen is one of the most funky looking things that I've seen. You'll have to find one to see what I mean... it made me laugh out loud.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm excited about Superman Returns. The movie, not the toys. The toys rather suck.
    Quote Originally Posted by PF
    I'm pretty excited about the film... maybe I'm a little gunshy after X3, so I'm not getting my hopes up, but Superman Returns looks great from what I've seen so far. It's gonna be hard to compete with the first two Superman films, but I have a feeling that everyone involved had their head in the right place for his one, so we'll just have to wait and see.
    You people don't know how to read. I didn't say I didn't know people who were excited, I said I didn't know people who were remotely as excited as J&H there - huge difference! The guy posts like he's salivating for the film, like he's dreaming about just standing in line for it. I'm anticipating the film, I know a lot of people who are excited about it, just nobody else THAT excited.

The Superman Returns toys aren't terrible, but it's too bad that they're not better. Mattel has the ability to put out a better product, but they're extremely lazy.
    Here's some words used to describe the line in this thread, "mediocre", "incredibly disappointing", "crummy". Would you say any/all of them have gone too far, and if so, which and how much?

Anyone get a look at the new Barbie and Ken Superman Returns dolls BTW? Lois Lane looks pretty good actually, but the SuperKen is one of the most funky looking things that I've seen. You'll have to find one to see what I mean... it made me laugh out loud.
    I dogged SuperKen over on SWC, it's skinny and shiny and just all-around funny-looking.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The only thing I know is that you are literally the only person I know, on the internet or in person, who is even remotely this excited about the movie, much less its incredibly disappointing toyline. Why you have made this a battle between us and you, I do not know.
    How have I made it a battle? I simply have stated that I really like this line and I have had no problems spending MY money on it!!
    I don't care if you or anyone else or the whole world for that matter hates it, that is your right. I didn't realize it was being made into a "battle between me and you".
    Wow.

And pardon me for being excited about a movie that quite frankly I am more hyped about than Star Wars itself. Yes, you read that right..I am more excited about this than Star Wars.
    Do some internet research or watch the news soon, I am sure you will find people out there more into this than I am.
    I am a passionate fan, nothing more nothing less.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Personally, I'm pretty excited for the film nearly as much as Jet is and while I don't share his full support of the SR line, I can understand that he's excited to the point where he doesn't look at the figures like we do, he likes Superman to the point where a toy being Superman is worth the $$$ alone to enjoy.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I fully expect this to be at least ten times better than ROTS, and will be sorely disappointed if it's not at least eight times better.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I fully expect this to be at least ten times better than ROTS, and will be sorely disappointed if it's not at least eight times better.

Don't get your hopes up, I fully expect this to be butchered big time & if it's not I won't be disappointed at all, just like my Leafs every year.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Bryan Singer made two X-Men movies that are currently two of the three best comic book movies ever, and he also gave us The Usual Suspects. Knowing that, and having seen what I've seen from various sources, I think there's a very, very good chance Batman Begins is going to give up its crown in a couple of weeks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    How have I made it a battle? I simply have stated that I really like this line and I have had no problems spending MY money on it!!
    I don't care if you or anyone else or the whole world for that matter hates it, that is your right. I didn't realize it was being made into a "battle between me and you".
    Wow.
    Aren't you the one who posted: "Say whatever you want, but you know this is going to be the greatest movie of the summer!!" That is not you stating that you really like this line, that is you yelling at us and telling us what we are supposed to be thinking, that's why I called it a battle.