Page 80 of 144 FirstFirst ... 307076777879808182838490130 ... LastLast
    I read a review of some of the Brave and the Bold figures on Mr. Crawford's site earlier tonight and it looks as if DCUC and JLU will be the only DC lines I collect in 09.

While I don't mind the look of the figures, I'm not keen on the hexagonal gaps in the figure joints that allow you to swap accessories and armor between different figures in the line.

Oh well, more money for Fury Files, I guess.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    picked up The Dark Knight custom Bruce Wayne Lamborghini/Batmobile toy yestersay with mini Batman and Bruce Wayne figures at TRU. they had it marked down 60% so I caved and grabbed one. i have to say it's not a bad toy and it can sort of work as a possible custom GI JOE or even MASK vehicle. thinking of using the Bruce Wayne figure as perhaps a custom world leader figure for GI JOE and maybe having the vehicle parked over in the back of my motorcade of Joe headquarters....might make it a vehicle for the Matt Tracker figure or something
    How did I not see the MASK connection? Totally works too, the scale is closer to MASK than GI Joe, and it changes shape and has weapons. MASK is one of my true toy loves.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I read a review of some of the Brave and the Bold figures on Mr. Crawford's site earlier tonight and it looks as if DCUC and JLU will be the only DC lines I collect in 09.

While I don't mind the look of the figures, I'm not keen on the hexagonal gaps in the figure joints that allow you to swap accessories and armor between different figures in the line.

Oh well, more money for Fury Files, I guess.
    Oh man, I forgot, I saw a deluxe Bat Brave Bold set at WM Porter Ranch today, it looked REALLY shoddy. The hex holes stood out like a sore thumb, the paint was pretty miserable, the sculpting fair but nothing to write home about, the accessories were all turkeys (it came with this big dragon thing, the packaging stressed rebuildability, as if Mattel were thinking they could horn in on the Stikfas or LEGO action). Mattel has gone from being a company I liked to being a company I cannot stand.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    talked to my WM toy dept. manager buddy and he told me that they got in a Two-Face figure from TDK line?!?!?!?!!! I quickly did a search on e-bay and found it. It's basically what we saw months ago with the secret protoype figure thingamabob.

He's holding a few for me and I MIGHT be able to get extras. If anybody wants them, let me know and i'll see what I can do. No promises though.

I've attached a pic from e-bay.
    I found one of these yesterday at WM. I went ahead and bought it, since the Joker is the only Batman villain figure I own.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

So DCUC Series 2 has been reshipping as a refresh case with the modern Firestorm. That's why everyone has been finding Harley, Electric Superman, etc. on shelves again. I'm guessing this might be one reason why Series 2 was so hard to find originally - they were waiting for some strange reason to ship the rest of them with the modern Firestorm variant. I finally managed to pick up a classic Aquaman for my bro and a Jason Rusch Firestorm for each of us, as well as that Electric Red Superman I had passed on originally. Keep your eyes peeled if you still happen to be missing any of that series folks (and I know a lot of you are!)

Wave 2??? Wave 6 of DCUC has been found in some California stores!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Wave 2??? Wave 6 of DCUC has been found in some California stores!
    I went to a local WM today and found wave 6 DCUC ! They had Superman (red blue suit with long hair ) Hawkman and Mr. Miracle !
    I still need the other 2 (Shazam and Killer Moth). That Black suit superman looks sweet also !

Had to laugh as I found ANOTHER black adam at Meijer yesterday. They also had DC wave 4 including Harley, both Supes and long haired Aquaman. And the kicker? They were on clearance for $8.24! I passed as I already had Harley.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Stopped by Target last night and picked up the smaller scale Bizarro from the Fan Collection. I wanted to get the 3 pack with Supes and Supergirl but I was not about to pay $17 for it.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

My toy department manager buddy mentioned to me a few days ago that he has the mod sheets/data for the new MM figures, but he can't set it for another two weeks or so. So, maybe the figures should be out by then.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Awesome. Finally a Batman figure that I want.

Movie Masters Batman (Keaton) from the good Batman films! Glee!!

Hopefully this leads to Joker, Catwoman, and Penguin from the Burton films. I'll buy them all. And then, Christopher Reeve Superman.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	89batman.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	19061  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.