Page 82 of 144 FirstFirst ... 327278798081828384858692132 ... LastLast
    Here are some pics of my Wave 6 Superman and Hawkman and yes they both rock !!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Superman pic.JPG 
Views:	22 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	19064   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hawkman pic.JPG 
Views:	17 
Size:	58.8 KB 
ID:	19065   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mr Miracle pic.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	61.8 KB 
ID:	19066  

Sweet!! I like the 90's supes complete with supermullet!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

OH...MY...GOD!
    I was just this morning idly daydreaming that Mattel would get the okay to do Tim Burton era Batman figures as Movie Masters! (I also wished that I was filthy rich and for world peace, but am still waiting on those to come true. I'll keep you guys informed...)
    This just opens up all kinds of possibilities for this line! I would even buy an Alicia Silverstone, Batgirl in Anti-Freeze armor figure! Of course, I would also punch my own grandmother in the face for a Nuclear Man figure! (Note: No I would not - I love my Grammy too much.) With DC Direct having recently done not only a Chris Reeve Superman statue, but also a Linda Carter Wonder Woman, I'd even say there's a pretty good possibility we could eventually see at least one Richard Donner era Superman figure at some point. You know...since Mattel seems to be willing to expand and whatnot.

Mulletman Superman? While I thought it was cool for the time, it seems an odd choice. I can understand the desire to keep main characters in the mix, but why not a comic-accurate version of the black suit, or even Clark Kent ripping open his shirt? I'm not complaining exactly, but it just seems a bit premature to make a character who's so dated (cool or not).

I guess Kon will never be released, at least not under the Superboy name.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The supermullet is a variant, the "regular" version for the wave is mulletman in his capeless black suit.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Oh goody, another DC universe figure I won't be able to find.

The funny thing about doing Keaton Batman is that cloth is all wrong for that cape, it's a leathery material so plastic is a better choice there than cloth. That means naturally Mattel will get it wrong.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Movie Masters haven't been that bad actually. The only time the figures were difficult to find was during the BS recall with the first assortment codes, leading to people panicing and scalpers salivating. Now, the only ones that are impossible to find are the variants.

Hopefully we'll see it at Toy Fair, I'm definitely waiting for then to be pessimistic - or until a better picture is released.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Bah, there's a movie thread for squabbling about which director's depiction was better. Let's not distract from the pure awesomeness of this figure.

Looks like it has a cloth cape as it has so many folds and is incredibly thin along the neck line, that would be perfect as long as they don't mess up the release by making it glossy. Since the "Captain Morgan" TDK Batman was released with appropriately matte-painted parts, I -really- hope that means they'll get this one right.

Here's looking forward to;
    -Batman (Keaton - Unmasked)
    -Joker (Nicholson - Last suit)
    -Catwoman
    -Bob the Goon
    -Penguin
    I'd gladly pick those up, even with my love of the current Batman flicks. The Burton flicks still hold a place in my heart for being the first comic movies I saw on the big screen that helped launch an addiction.

And this could be the moment where we petition for a figure of Knox so we can FINALLY get a figure of Robert Wuhl. hahaha
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Well... looks like myself and a number of others around the net were fooled by a fake. It's a custom with some photoshopping from an issue of ToyFare that showed previous new figures from the figure line. Really sucks, but maybe Mattel will take the hint and do them.

http://www.figurerealm.com/viewcustomfigure.php?FID=410
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Ugh, that's obnoxious. I really hate people sometimes.