Page 90 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    You're the f***ing anti-christ aren't you? You've actually managed to rip on one of the most fun toy lines of its time. Gawd!

I am something I don't believe in. How emo of me.

Tell me I'm wrong on any of those points though. C'mon, tell me I'm wrong, prove it, show me how Mattel didn't suck with the things they did wrong with MOTU. They did a lot of things right, but you cannot tell me in all good conscience that I was off base. Or do you need to get back to playing with your Comet Warriors and She-Ra figures?

I totally agree, but if you can hunt around a bit to find things for a decent price and with proper paint jobs, it's worth it.
    LA is not kind to this line, hunting is not an option, it's very popular with the scalper set, cases don't seem to make it to floors at all.

The real problem though, is that you live in scalper central... which sucks. And it's all the more frustrating and stupid, because Mattel is right f***ing there. I'll never understand why they don't open up an outlet where the public can wander in and buy things.
    They used to have one, it became scalper central, so they closed it to only employees, then it was the same problem so they made it scratch n dent. Mattel cheeses me off.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

BTW, I've seen the Big Barda variant twice now, so if anyone (regulars only) is desperately in need of it, let me know.
    plasticfetish, I could use a Barda variant!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    plasticfetish, I could use a Barda variant!
    I'm going to the store for ice cream right now... I'll see if it's still there. (PM coming later.)

...and PM sent.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcu07_bigbarda09.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	19760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dcu07_bigbarda10.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	84.3 KB 
ID:	19761  

EE and BBTS are being incredibly conflicting when it comes to the "elite" Burtonmobile.

It's either the "Elite" Ghettomobile seen here with styrofoam windows...
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...il&picture=out

Or, it's the "Elite" Lowrider in which Batman has somehow forgotten the spinners. And, unless those guns are articulated they will be completely useless in a drive-by.
    http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...number=MTR1794

Either way, neither have been convincing as a reason to give up $100 for "elite"-ness.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Well, it's the latter obviously, since that's the existing 1/18 mold, and their elites often have garish gold on them. I don't even know what that former one is, looks like a Batmobile cake.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

...and PM sent.
    PF, the Barda figure arrived today! Thanks so much for picking it up for me and thanks also for the great packing job. I also got regular Barda along with a Wolverine 3.75" from Tru.com today and the box was completely crushed on one end.

No problem! Glad I could help.

And yeah... I'll never understand why some places have such a hard time packing a box.

I bought TDK tumbler from Wally's the other day. I'd been on and off debating about picking this up for months. I haven't taken it out of the package, but it seems like a decent rendition of the vehicle. Anyone else have one that they either like or hate?

No problem! Glad I could help.

And yeah... I'll never understand why some places have such a hard time packing a box.
    Expense. It's cheaper to pay someone next to nothing to toss an item in a box along with a few airpacks and throw it into a truck than to worry about the number of items that will need return due to damage. Plus, most consumers don't care about packaging so long as they feel like no other consumer has been monkeying around in there.

I like the original Batman Begins Tumbler from Mattel, the one that works with the 5" figures. It's simple, but the sculpt works, the gimmicks are fun, and it's rock solid. As for smaller versions, the Hot Wheels 1:18 version is pretty decent, but the front tires are too big, and the cockpit doesn't open enough for my tastes considering it's got no windows on the side (that's quite a significant thing to give up only to not pay off overall). The 1:43 version is alright, but not as sleek as the figure version.