Page 93 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4383899091929394959697103143 ... LastLast
    I found Ocean Master Aquaman at WM today so that completes Atom Smasher for me. I also bought DCUC Batman from TRU. I held off on it when it was first out and then didn't see them any longer.

Roojay, I need Kalibak's left leg (from Capt. Marvel/Shazam) and head/torso from Killer Moth.

Behold - DCUC Power Girl!!! http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?p=3093

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Roojay, I need Kalibak's left leg (from Capt. Marvel/Shazam) and head/torso from Killer Moth.
    I don't suppose you could make to with two right legs? Sorry.

Mmmmm....Power Girl...
    That's one I can scratch off my list!

Anybody still looking for DCUC Series 2 may wanna check out Meijers in slow areas, my sister actually came across pegs fully stocked with a case of series 2. Sadly, only a single Aquaman, but that's more than I had already so it was a welcome find.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    That's one I can scratch off my list!
    She has that effect on people.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The 1:50 Burtonmobile has been hitting, and it's quite a nice looking piece. Seems slightly bigger than the rest of the cars made so far as it has a larger bubble, and it appears to have a sliding canopy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Batman-1-50...3%3A1|294%3A50

Click on the picture in the auction for a larger version.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

I got JLU Booster Gold and Dr. Fate show accurate repaints yesterday. The single packed figures are now NCF at Target. Apparently one of their factories/vendors closed up shop unexpectedly in December and thus they haven't had new product from that line at all this year until now.

While it's not completely Mattel's fault, still...it could only happen to them!

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    The 1:50 Burtonmobile has been hitting, and it's quite a nice looking piece. Seems slightly bigger than the rest of the cars made so far as it has a larger bubble, and it appears to have a sliding canopy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2009-Batman-1-50...3%3A1|294%3A50

Click on the picture in the auction for a larger version.
    Grrr... must... own.. that! Batboat looks good too. I wish this stuff wasn't so hard to get. I still have holes in my Corgi collection from the last wave.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

You could try MileZone, my stepdad and I have gotten quite a few things from them for various car lines. Out of about 15 or so orders they've only messed one up, and it was a simple mistake. Their prices are $1-2 higher for the newer Batmobile releases, but better than hunting them down, and the shipping is usually pretty fair.

http://www.milezone.net/b150-Batman_c_55.html

They had the Burtonmobile in stock for a couple of days, but sold out before I got to order.

Found the Flash wave at Target, minus Booster Gold and Aquaman.

DC Universe The Flash - a fairly decent representation of the Scarlet Speedster. Using the line's standard buck body works pretty well here, although the bulk of the shoulders doesn't quite match the lower arms, and there's an obvious plug in the upper back where another figure's cape would go. Rubbery wings on the head and boots, the ones on the head don't quite line up but close enough to fudge it. One real annoyance is the "belt" paint, normally the lightning bolts meet in the middle, here it's just a single lightning line all the way across, don't work as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That single lightning bolt belt design marks this Flash as the Silver Age Barry Allen Flash. This was the design sported by the character from his intro in 1956 to his death in Crisis on Infinite Earths in 1985/86, and has been a consistent motif with this version of the character in every subsequent appearance on through to his recent reappearance in the DC Universe.
    The version of the costume featuring the V-shaped lightning bolt belt that meets in the middle is an earmark of the Wally West version of the character.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Barryallen-kitson.JPG 
Views:	32 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	20358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flash213lrg.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	20359  

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Found the Flash wave at Target, minus Booster Gold and Aquaman.
    What is up with this wave? I still haven't seen Booster Gold, Blue Beetle, or Aquaman at retail. Saw a bunch of them at a convention recently, but decided to wait... assumed that they'd turn up. Obviously that was wrong.