Page 95 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    "almost"???

I'd say Mattel has passed Hasbro several times over in those departments!
    AGREED! Mattel has made Hasbro look so good with their recent action figure management failures.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I saw the Brave and Bold galactic hero sized toys at a specialty shop today.

The Bat sub looks pretty good and I might want one when I see it at retail. The Batmobile set on the other hand is extremely overscaled - how's that for a change? The thing is like the size of a Voyager class Transformer. The figures themselves look to be slightly smaller than Galactic Heroes which makes the overscaling of the Batmobile even more glaring. It shouldn't be larger than the Sub and not larger than a GH X-Wing. It might have some sort of gimmick which would explain the size but I'm not entirely sure on that.

In other Mattel news, Mattycollector is going to have a Doom Patrol JLU (even though they were never on the show itself) 4 pack in the near future.

Cool thing... picked up Booster Gold and Blue Beetle at Target today. Don't know if this means that the long hard DCU drought is ending around me, or if the next wave of figures will be turning up at mass retail soon. I certainly hope so though, as I spotted all of the Giganta wave at a local shop for $16.99 a pop (ouch!) and had to pass on them.

Also, got a Hotwheels Burton Batmobile the other day.

Mattel says that they'll start selling DCUC wave 9 figures on Mattycollector.com

No link for confirmation, or do you have an inside source?

Mattel said so in one of their Q&A's. I'll see if I can find it.

edit:

Found it right here http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/main/?paged=2

It says that they're "looking into it" so hopefully it comes to fruition.

Cool! Not that I didn't believe you, just couldn't find any reference to it at Mattycollector.com. That site is pretty useless when it comes to news (not as useless as the non-existent newsletter) considering it's the source of all this stuff to begin with!

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Mattel says that they'll start selling DCUC wave 9 figures on Mattycollector.com
    Hmmm, interesting. Wonder if that means 9 isn't going to be found at mass retail so much. Not that I can even consider it yet. Just completed 7 today (found Aquaman at Target about an hour ago), and haven't seen 8 anywhere reasonable yet.

Be cool if they sold things from earlier waves that I haven't seen online... like most of series 6.

I bought a DCUC unmasked Terry McGinnis from Target today.

So forgive me if anyone else has pointed this out previously, but according to the latest issue of Toy Fare, DCUC series 10 will in fact be another of those mystical, and basically non-existent, Wal-Mart Exclusive waves! Looks like most of us can look forward to never being able to add Power Girl or The Joker to our collections! Gotta love that Wally World!