Page 96 of 144 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596979899100106 ... LastLast
    Well, you know, wave 5 was such a big hit with collectors...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Which collectors? None of us have any of them.

So apparently, the San Fransisco Examiner's website has an "Action Figure Examiner" (you'd think I would have know this as a lifelong Bay Area resident) who is reporting the full lineup for waves 10 and 11:

wave 10 -
    Joker
    Man-Bat
    Power Girl
    Forager
    Beast Boy (great! So now I can look forward to never finishing my Teen Titans line-up as well as my JSA!)
    Robotman (ditto for the Doom Patrol!)
    Static

(This one is going to leave a [i]lot[\i] of major holes in my collection - lots of favorites there!)

wave 11 - (Collect-and-Connect Kilowog- aww yeah!)
    John Stewart
    Katma Tui (cool, but I'd prefer Soranik Natu)
    Cyborg Superman (hopefully a new, resculpted version more in line with the current aesthetic)
    The Shark (he should be big enough to be a Collect-and-Connect himself)
    Deadman
    The Question
    Steppenwolf

(at least this one will be available at all retail outlets...well, at least as available as this line ever is. I'll probably pre-order the lot online as I've taken to doing lately.)

http://www.examiner.com/x-8774-Actio...s-waves-10--11

Did I ever mention how much I hate Wal-Mart, and their insistence on ordering exclusives and then never stocking them in their stores? I really do think the buyers for toys at Wal-Mart are all eBay scalpers themselves!

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Which collectors? None of us have any of them.
    Sarcasm. It's the only way I can cope with the slap in the face that kept me from owning the Riddler and the Atom.

wave 10 -
    Joker
    Man-Bat
    Oh good, more Batman favorites that I'll drool over and will have to go without. Have only been yearn for that Manbat since they announced him for DC Superheroes as they ran that into the ground...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by LTBasker View Post
    Sarcasm. It's the only way I can cope with the slap in the face that kept me from owning the Riddler and the Atom.
    Oh, okay I see! Yeah, those Atom and Riddler figures sure were the best weren't they?! Those are my favorite imaginary figures I've ever owned!

Cyborg Superman (hopefully a new, resculpted version more in line with the current aesthetic)
    Sweet!! Hopefully I can actually find one...but that may be a very tall order.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Oh, okay I see! Yeah, those Atom and Riddler figures sure were the best weren't they?! Those are my favorite imaginary figures I've ever owned!
    In one of the more idiotic moves I've made as a collector, I left a Riddler on the pegs as there were a bunch of other figures that I was buying from WM that day.

Man, I'm soooo glad I didn't collect the Titans characters in this line.

Sticking Beast Boy, one of my favorite characters, in the Exclusive Wave?

Up yours Mattel. Up yours and the horse you rode in on.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Atom and Riddler were really that scarce? I used to see 'em all the time. I don't recall any lately though. If I had known that I'd have picked a few up.

Or am I just not awake enough to note the sarcasm yet?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    Atom and Riddler were really that scarce? I used to see 'em all the time. I don't recall any lately though. If I had known that I'd have picked a few up.

Well, like with many SW Walmart exclusives, this entire wave had spotty distribution with some areas never getting any at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post

Well, with eBay prices in the $40 to $130 range for individual figures from this wave, and only about 40 or so auctions total at present, I'd say yes...these were really that scarce.