Page 4 of 144 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    Ok I was off but still its the 12 to 14 inch variety.
    Not at all, 12" and 14" look very different with this figure especially, look at this comparison to the Batman Begins 13" Action Cape figure:
    http://mwctoys.com/images/review_hypersupes_7.jpg
    (from this review: http://mwctoys.com/REVIEW_050806a.htm) And that Bats figure towers over most 12" figures.

That has always been the case.
    You wish! If Supes was a head taller than Bats, Supes would be almost 7' tall, that's ridiculous.

I went on a small figure buying spree yesterday, picked up 3 different Mattel figures from the DC universe.

First off was JLU The Flash, I have the first JL version but his articulation sucks, this one has a new body with twice the articualtion and can do a decent running pose. His accessory is kinda "Huh?" but I don't care.

Then there was JLU Batman, again I have the original JL version and its articulation sucks. This one has the same articulation as the Flash, but doesn't use it anywhere near as well - the elbows are good, the rest doesn't look so good in use with the sculpt. Also, I don't like the cape design as much as the previous JL Bats, it's just not to my liking. And the accessory doesn't exactly make sense, it's metallic bat wings that fit over his cowl and cape, they're not wide enough for believable flight, no engines or tech, no real offensive possibilities, and all it really protects is his cape.

Finally, I bought a figure from The Batman:EXP line, Ultimate Defender Batman. The EXP line has been pretty much a washout since its inception, the packaging is awful, the accessories and gimmicks are lame, the colors are incredibly poor choices generally, and the price sucks bad. UD Bats here is indeed still overpriced, and his packaging and accessory are both lame, but the figure at least is something good, it's the newer regular Batman body but the gray is much, much darker than previous versions, almost black, and it looks tremendous. The accessory is a stupid reuse though, from EXP Criminal Capture Batman, it's a string that you place over a figure then tighten, and when you insert and twist the power core dealy a huge clear taretging panel flips out sideways, and the string's connection pops forward an inch for no apparent reason - UD Bats can't even hold it right because it's for a different figure.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 06-08-2006 at 08:56 PM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Impulse shopping? Obviously a little bored there JT?

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Cool! Any word on which Brainiac?
    Here's the page from ToyFare...

(I think we talked about this over at SWC.com, but it's all a blur now. )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	toyfare_dc.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	13933  
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 06-08-2006 at 09:10 PM.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    You wish! If Supes was a head taller than Bats, Supes would be almost 7' tall, that's ridiculous.
    Hmmm..kind of took me literally there didn't you?
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Those figs look great.

and I just read that the Batman wave that featured Stealth Bats, Batgirl, Two-face and the redux Joker has been postponed/canceled. More details as i get them.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Impulse shopping? Obviously a little bored there JT?
    Impulse, yes, exactly, and I didn't buy it all at 1 store. I also bought some Zizzle 4" Pirates of the Carribean figs at TRU for $5 each, except for the overpriced EXP The Batman figure (if you're gonna charge $7 and up Mattel, at least give us some GOOD accessories and some better articulation, like universal-jointed shoulders and hips and neck, and articulated ankles and upper biceps) all the figs I bought yesterday were $5, the impulse pricepoint.

Here's the page from ToyFare...

(I think we talked about this over at SWC.com, but it's all a blur now. )
    It's new to me, so we didn't. Poor Barbara Gordon, thinking she's the world's worst Bat. It looks like a good lineup, but I'm not so thrilled about Cassandra Batgirl, and Lex's armor is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by J&H
    Hmmm..kind of took me literally there didn't you?
    That's why it's called "scale".

Cancelled? Man, Mattel sucks bad! How many times do they have to cancel these things?!? Maybe if they hadn't gotten so greedy with the damn Bane, Croc, and Scarcrow offerings, there'd be a line to continue rather than cancel.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JMG
    and I just read that the Batman wave that featured Stealth Bats, Batgirl, Two-face and the redux Joker has been postponed/canceled. More details as i get them.
    Oh, that sucks. (Where'd you read that?) I really wanted to see how the Four Horsemen Two-face turned out.

edit again: I'd read that they've been having licensing problems with DC. Something to do with that?
    Last edited by plasticfetish; 06-09-2006 at 12:16 AM.
    plasticfetish.net

Okay, now that you show the page, it do look rather familiar.

So it looks like 80s Super Powers Brainiac, only updated. Has that particular version appeared in the post-Crisis universe? He looks cool either way, and hopefully they'll give him a new head, a slightly different paint job, and give us Metallo!

And let me go on record now by saying that I want both Batgirls. I prefer Cassandra, but I can always go for the tasteless angle and have Joker shooting Barbara.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Ok tonight I got my up up & away supes PLUS the crystal smashing supes figure.
    Both are very nice!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I take it Clark to Superman has become the hard to find figure? I noticed it's completely gone from the pegs.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I still see it here, though in lesser numbers now that the word is out that it's the only good one in the line. ... speaking of which, now that you have UUA Supes, where's the review of Wave 3 J&H?