Page 8 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858108 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 1431
  1. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Aren't you the one who posted: "Say whatever you want, but you know this is going to be the greatest movie of the summer!!" That is not you stating that you really like this line, that is you yelling at us and telling us what we are supposed to be thinking, that's why I called it a battle.
    Yeah I said that, and I also have said countless times that I enjoy this line. What is your point man?
    So now I cannot come onto this site, a site for fans, and talk about what I like and so forth?
    Get a grip pal.

    [Edited]

    Im out.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

  2. #72
    Let's see:

    A craptacular, inferior X-Men sequel

    A Pixar film that is, by all accounts, still watchable but their weakest effort so far

    A sequel to the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean, which somehow involves weird demons and mutant sea people

    A Superman flick with Bryan Singer at the helm?

    Me, I'm betting on Supes, too.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  3. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Let's see:

    A craptacular, inferior X-Men sequel

    A Pixar film that is, by all accounts, still watchable but their weakest effort so far

    A sequel to the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean, which somehow involves weird demons and mutant sea people

    A Superman flick with Bryan Singer at the helm?

    Me, I'm betting on Supes, too.

    We can't be fans Chux...JediTricks will take offense.
    He thinks we are fighting a "battle" against him and so forth.
    So if you have any enthusiasm for the movie just hide it because he will get upset.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

  4. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    We can't be fans Chux...Jedi**** will take offense.
    He thinks we are fighting a "battle" against him and so forth.
    So if you have any enthusiasm for the movie just hide it because he will get upset.
    Peaks head in & sees the hostility, leaves immediatley to avoid this mess.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

  5. #75
    Wow. . . I'm bowing out of this one. I didn't realize this was an argument going on.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  6. #76
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    A sequel to the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean, which somehow involves weird demons and mutant sea people
    I dunno, that looks pretty good to me. But if you wanna fight about it, I'll meet you over by the bike racks after school.

    plasticfetish.net

  7. #77
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    Yeah I said that, and I also have said countless times that I enjoy this line. What is your point man?
    So now I cannot come onto this site, a site for fans, and talk about what I like and so forth?
    Get a grip pal.

    Actually don't get a grip....take this post, this thread, whatever else you like, and shove it up your ***.
    Im out.
    Oooookay. My point was that you are turning this into a battle, nothing more. Where did I say you can't come here and talk about this stuff? Nowhere, of course, because that wasn't the message. You're seeing this as something it's not, swearing and namecalling over an incorrect perception, and about a TOY line and the level of greatness a movie will achieve no less. You're flipping out over a misunderstanding, but I still consider you a good guy and I'm sorry to see you upset over this.

    Do you know what I'd rather be doing in this thread? Discussing my new Lex Luthor figure I picked up at TRU tonight, but I can't because I haven't opened it yet, instead I get a message that there's a meltdown in the forums. Hopefully we're done though.

    Lex's fortress of solitude crystal shard is what sold me, that's a good-looking little accessory, I hope I don't lose it, it's very small and it's clear. (Of course, when I was a kid, the Fortress of Solitude had a giant door with humungous lock and key that kept folks like Luthor from just waltzing in and taking stuff.) The likeness is good in a toyetic way, similar to the other Mattel DC movie figures. I'll post more when I open him.


    Quote Originally Posted by Chux
    A craptacular, inferior X-Men sequel

    A Pixar film that is, by all accounts, still watchable but their weakest effort so far

    A sequel to the incredible Pirates of the Caribbean, which somehow involves weird demons and mutant sea people

    A Superman flick with Bryan Singer at the helm?

    Me, I'm betting on Supes, too.
    That's a good point, mediocre and "eh, ok" entries so far, though I think WB is betting on Disney's POTC2 as they did push up the release on Supes 2 days (and 2 hours) for that extra box office time - I suppose that's a fair move by WB, the movie could do huge business like Xmen3's first weekend but still have plenty of ground to make up with SR's $260mil budget.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Do you know what I'd rather be doing in this thread? Discussing my new Lex Luthor figure I picked up at TRU tonight, but I can't because I haven't opened it yet, instead I get a message that there's a meltdown in the forums. Hopefully we're done though.
    Done with what?

    Is it the gray version that looks like Uncle Fester? I like that thing, but he can't really hold his insanely huge rocket launcher very well. (Aren't you looking forward to the movie just to see Kevin Spacey shoot a rocket launcher?)
    plasticfetish.net

  9. #79
    Gray version, you mean his outfit? It was gray with black, the other one in the store was as well, what's the variation there?

    His rocket launcher is in-scale to him I think, that's how big something like that would be, if it was way oversized I might not have gotten him. The pic on the back shows him holding it like a goob, but that's toys for you. The missile sticking out the front might be why you're saying it's very big, this is true, in real life the missile would be entirely in the launcher, and when it fired the stabalizer wings would then pop out.

    Heh heh, damnit, now you've ruined this figure forever, all I can think of seeing him is Uncle Fester.

    After hearing about Spacey peeing globs in Usual Supsects and then them showing it (ok, that's backwards) I don't think there's anything I can't picture him doing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  10. #80
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    what's the variation there?
    No, I just meant instead of the other Luthor figure that's coming out (Kryptonite Armor?)... wasn't sure if you'd found that.
    plasticfetish.net

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO