Page 10 of 144 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    Today I took all my unopened SR toys to WalMart and got my money back.
    I can't believe you let killjoy-mcNofun pressure you into returning your Superman Returns toys. I mean, sure, I called the line mediocre (and it is), but I've collected plenty of mediocre toy lines that I liked. Gosh... now I'm so bummed out that I think I'll try to take all of my Lost in Space toys back to TRU. (But not the Dr. Smith... Gary Oldman hangs out with my new Kevin Spacey figure. )
    plasticfetish.net

EDIT: Hey PF, nice to see mod solidarity there. I didn't PRESSURE him into taking back ANYTHING, I didn't say "gee JF96, I mean J&H, I think these toys suck and you shouldn't buy them", I said I and others felt the line was mediocre, that's on us, not him. Plus he didn't say he return all his toys, just the unopened ones.

Gosh... now I'm so bummed out that I think I'll try to take all of my Lost in Space toys back to TRU. (But not the Dr. Smith... Gary Oldman hangs out with my new Kevin Spacey figure. )
    If you ripped the "Secret Panel" off the box, it's not returnable. (The Lost in Space movie line from Trendmasters released the Dr Smith figure as the end-of-the-movie monster thing, it was a spoiler so each figure had a tear-away panel covering the window.)

So about Lex Luthor Missile Launching...

The figure itself is, as I mentioned, wearing a big rubber coat that's glued shut on its right seam. The head sculpt is quite good, it's a little soft but still decent; the head paint is another matter, the eyes and eyebrows are painted with standard mass-market Mattel subtlety (none) so they look too toyetic, it's not a horror show and it does have the right shape, but the paint work here keeps it firmly in toy-territory. The articulation is neck, shoulders, hips, and hinged elbows and knees; nothing is restricted except backwards on the hips (all the SR figures, as well as all Mattel's Batman Begins and Justice League figures, have separate behinds which prevent backwards hip movement), the hinges aren't attractive but I've seen worse and these at least have full 90-degrees of range. The outfit sculpt is not hyper-detailed but good with several nice touches like shoelaces, wrinkles, and buttons with holes in the middle; underneath the coat (not removable) is a regular belt and suit shirt with tie, they're unpainted in dark gray plastic.

Lex's biggest draw for me is his myriad of accessories. First off - and both are unpainted dark gray material - he's got goggles/sunglasses which fit perfectly and can sit up on his forehead, and a pair of binoculars with a stringg long enough so it can fit around his neck and yet still he can hold them with his right hand and actually look through them (this is a pretty big achievment in my book). Then there's the missile launcher, it's not unrealistic in size or design, perhaps a litle thick but nothing crazy, the handles are odd though in that he can hold 1-handed it like a gun, but he can't hold it over his shoulder unfortunately and it looks bad held 2-handed. Then there's the missile, it's painted white and has good detailing, it plugs into the front of the launcher and fires (in real life the stabalizer wings would fold up and it'd fit INSIDE the launcher), inside the warhead is a (non-removable) kryptonite tube holding a crystal and they really did a good job with this, it's actually hollowed out around the pieces. Finally, there's 2 tiny, rubbery, clear accessories: separate versions of the green kryptonite tube and the clear crystal, they're RIDICULOUSLY small but seem to be in scale with the figure. The tube is featureless and hollow, it fits in Lex's hands and the crystal can be inserted, but after about halfway the crystal doesn't want to go further without struggle and I don't want to rip it apart trying to get it out of there; the crystal is a hair too narrow for Lex to hold between his gloved fingers, but the tube can hold it there, the crystal is pointy and slightly faceted, it looks quite nifty for something so small.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So JT, do you think cold gear Lex would look good if one were to cut the big coat off and replace the hands with nongloved ones?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Hmm, he'd still have the thick pants and hiking boots, and the gloves extend past his wrists so you'd have to have donor forearms as well (probably the best way to do that would be to swap out a similar forearm at the hinge rather than cutting it in half), and you'd have to paint the tie and the crotch of the pants. It sounds like a lot of work to me, but I suppose it'd work.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    I can't believe you let killjoy-mcNofun pressure you into returning your Superman Returns toys. I mean, sure, I called the line mediocre (and it is), but I've collected plenty of mediocre toy lines that I liked. Gosh... now I'm so bummed out that I think I'll try to take all of my Lost in Space toys back to TRU. (But not the Dr. Smith... Gary Oldman hangs out with my new Kevin Spacey figure. )
    Relax, you've been punk'd!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels
    Relax, you've been punk'd!!
    I figured (no pun... wait... yes, pun intended) I had been
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    EDIT: Hey PF, nice to see mod solidarity there.
    Healthy ribbing... and my Dr. Smith (mutated) was the version that came out later, without the flap (found 2, still have one boxed.) I liked that line, magnets are fun.

You know what I was wondering about the next Luthor figure, that I can't see from the photos... is he just wearing a shirt and tie under all that green stuff? If so, I'd get that one also.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    Healthy ribbing... and my Dr. Smith (mutated) was the version that came out later, without the flap (found 2, still have one boxed.) I liked that line, magnets are fun.
    They made 1 without the flap, are you sure the flap just wasn't removed? The spiders were cheap in that they were recycled from/recycled into their Action Fleet-scale Jupiter 2 even though they're totally the wrong scale.

You know what I was wondering about the next Luthor figure, that I can't see from the photos... is he just wearing a shirt and tie under all that green stuff? If so, I'd get that one also.
    Yes, check out the first auction I posted, its close-up photo (I attached it to this post). This is the same sculpt as what's under the coat on Missile Lex, but I've seen a photo somewhere (can't find it now) with the armor removed.

Oh, TRU had their exclusive Space Suit Kal-El figure, it was $10, they had a TON because the price and because it looks awful, just regular Clark-to-Supes without a cape and painted silver and then given a horrid patina wash, just like their gold Batman Begins one from last year. Photos: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=9532

And check out Takara's Microman Superman & Supergirl, Supes is a bit sketchy, but it's an interesting set: http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=9568
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KryptLex1.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	13985  

That's cool about Luthor... I will grab that one when it shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    They made 1 without the flap, are you sure the flap just wasn't removed?
    No, there were two versions. The one with the flap was much harder to find actually. The other Future Smith version was turning up pretty often once the film had been out.
    plasticfetish.net

That Azrael is actually pretty cool looking - but I'm not completely sold. The big "Frank Miller" looking gloves, and the obvious "rubberosity" of the lower legs. Nice paint job though, and the face is just right.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

A pic of the "Brandon Routh (Superman; Kal-El) - Marlon Brando (Jor-El) 2-Pack" was put up over at ActionFigs.com

http://www.actionfigs.com/index.php?..._articleid=218

This is something I'd buy!
    plasticfetish.net