Page 15 of 144 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    "Sales" in that reference means unit sales to retailers, not retailer sales to regular customers. Retailers ordered a lot of SR toys before any buzz whatsoever, so even if a single toy didn't sell Mattel's statement would still be true.

BTW, Target has their own Superman Returns Mattel figure exclusive now, it's a silver Superman, but completely silver head to toe, and the card insert doesn't have a title, the section is blank. He's sporting a plastic cape I believe (I didn't buy him, only scoped him at Pasadena Target for a moment).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

my local WM discounted the DC Superheroes down to $5.00 each. Check your stores!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Hooray! And Me didn't just not pay full price for bIZZARO the other day.
    Ah well, It was totally not worth every penny.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

bIZARRO AM BE THE WORSTEST DOLL EVER. hE AM BE SUCK REAL BAD.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

He's not so bad, a little worse than I thought he'd be and mostly sucks because of all the loose joints mine has. They're way too lose to even come close to holding the truck axel off the ground, but since my Supergirl was having trouble standing as well I have him holding her by her left wrist and they support each other despite being in a fight pose.

I think I may use the clear rubber band on my Bane that's holding Osito to his hand and put it around his waist and then give him the truck axel.

Mattel needs to either do Marvel Legends style articulated hands or alternate sets of hands, which I would prefer. The articulated hands sometimes wear out and can't hold the accessories right. It would be nice if they would include a set of fists, set of generic open hands and then some alternate hands depending on the character. Superman and Supergirl could have the "karate chop" hands they do when they take off and Batman could have hands for holding batarangs.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I saw the "Return of Supergirl" figures from DC Direct at Spencers Gifts today. This line has Superman, Batman and at least two versions of Supergirl: a "corrupted" (evil?) one and a normal version.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

That's good that they didn't cancel the line yet.

I saw something at Target yesterday, a 2pack of DCSH Superman & Bizarro but no comic and no axle accessory for big B.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Theres also a Superman/Clark Kent 2-pack and Batman/Batgirl 2-pack coming out sometime. Usually I think it would suck but they're $15 so it's good if you don't care about the axel accessory, which is rather disappointing really.

And Bane's hands are open too much to hold it. Bummer.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I saw the "new" Robin, Batman, and Mr Freeze at WM this morning. I passed, but may reconsider Batman (he's a repaint in black and grey, with the more realistic pouches on his belt). No sign of Mr Valley, who is sure to be the only figure most of us will want. Can you say "kill the line with recards"?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

And I found Mr Valley last night. He appears to be one per case, which is rather dumb, seeing as the others are rehashes. Also, the comics are no longer packed in (boo!), and the name of the line has changed to "S3" for some inexplicable reason.

Azrael is definitely worth the search, though.
    Tommy, close your eyes.