Page 27 of 144 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930313777127 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    well slap my a-- and call me Charlie: I spotted a psuedo new wave of SUPERMAN DC Superheroes! New packaging and such and all they had Superman/Bizarro..yipee. But, the new wave does include Steel and Parasite. Start hunting, kids!
    Wow, interesting find, I hadn't heard about these. Steel looks good all around. Parasite is a toughy because he's a crappy-looking villain in general, very plain and generic, but makes for a decent opponent for Supes.

I fear Chux is right and Mattel is driving this line into the ground fast with all these re-releases in place of new figures.

Red Doomsday looks particularly awful! Mattel is proving they are not even worthy of being called pretenders to Toy Biz's Marvel Legends line.

Lava-reflection Doomsday, awesome call Basker!

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    On a side note, anyone else hoping they'll surprise us with this line at Toy Fair and actually add some new characters? I'm dying to have a Four Horsemen designed Green Lantern (the John Stewart version would be cool as well), Hawkman, Flash, Captain Marvel, and Nightwing (although as a Bat character, he's probably already a lock for this line.) Not holding my breath, but I still pray about it every night.
    I'm surprised they haven't revisited that underwhelming Nightwing from the progenitor to this line, the Batman 2pack version. As for new characters, don't count on it, Mattel confirmed early on that with DC farming out so many of the characters to various studios and projects, crossovers in this toy line are going to be almost non-existant, it's basically to be the Batman/Superman hour.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah, Doomsday is (I think) twelve feet tall?

I keep thinking about this funny Doomsday, and keep coming back to the same single panel. There are only two Doomsday stories I regard as worthwhile, the first two. He's been brought back a few times since, but his being revealed to be superintelligent, and then actually working with Superman are just totally and unspeakably wrong.

After Superman returns to life and throws Doomsday's corpse into space, it's revealed to still be alive. It comes back a year or so later, and Superman learns he's actually the more-or-less immortal result of an early Kryptonian genetic experiment. He defeats him by somehow (and I forget the exact details) trapping him in a time loop that keeps repeating the last second the universe is in existence. I think in that one final panel, we might see him highlighted by an orange glow.

Doomsday first shows up in a containment suit, which is actually the Doomsday resculpt I'd prefer.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

The best Doomsday you can get is the DC Direct version from the Superman line that was released about 4 years ago. I was lucky enough to get that full set...the Doomsday is great because its actually tall and to scale. The dc heroes version (not this orange one, the one from before) is ok but its small and the same height as superman.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Something odd here... I actually made that last post after JetsAndHeels....
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    We have a board malfunction.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Was going to call plethora of Wally Worlds today, but one was all it took: they had one of Steel and parasite and were great enough to hold them for me.

Parasite is a pretty decent sculpt and he doesn't come with any accesories at all. But, he IS a villian in a DC Superheroes line and how often do we see these?!!?

Steel is very awesome. The sculpt is pretty solid and he does come with his John Henry (thanks to the Boss's rendition of "John Henry" I'm now thinking of that song) hammer to put that down that train line- i mean, fight evil.

I headed back to the aisle to see if there were any extras and sadly, none, just a few of Superman. Go figure. HH!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    We have a board malfunction.
    That's a weird one! How long after? They're both timestamped at 10am on the nose, is that possible? This is what you were talking about in the Comments/Problems forum, you linked to the post individually so I didn't see it in context.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I flew around the world and changed the orbit of earth. It happens sometimes on message boards I post on.

Staying on topic, glad to see you found Steel and Parasite JMG. I look forward to finding these sometime in the year 2015 and adding them to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    I flew around the world and changed the orbit of earth. It happens sometimes on message boards I post on.

Staying on topic, glad to see you found Steel and Parasite JMG. I look forward to finding these sometime in the year 2015 and adding them to my collection.
    hehehehe I was lookin' for extras for ya, J&H! I figured going in tradition of our lost transaction, you'd have them, oh, say, by at least, Christmas....of 08. I'll be doing more hunting tomorrow; i'll keep my eyes peeled.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    hehehehe I was lookin' for extras for ya, J&H! I figured going in tradition of our lost transaction, you'd have them, oh, say, by at least, Christmas....of 08. I'll be doing more hunting tomorrow; i'll keep my eyes peeled.
    Thanks man I appreciate it.

Hopefully I can rake these 2 figures in before the Superman Returns sequel figures hit shelves.