Page 28 of 144 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast
    There's two versions of Superman in this latest series? I saw one with the red "S" on a black field and then another with the traditional red "S" on yellow. I also spotted Doomsday and Supergirl but Steel and Parasite were gone.
    Weird War Tales: Featuring the Creature Commandos #105 November 1981 (DC Comics)

Quote Originally Posted by Ji'dai View Post
    There's two versions of Superman in this latest series? I saw one with the red "S" on a black field and then another with the traditional red "S" on yellow. I also spotted Doomsday and Supergirl but Steel and Parasite were gone.
    No, those were the "variants" of the last Superman wave. I found the red S supes a while back. The key is to look for the new packaging to see if they're new releases or not. They are probably rehasing them though, although I can't remember

Michael Crawford has a very positive review up of Steel and Parasite.
    http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_020507a.htm Enjoy & HH!
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 02-06-2007 at 12:16 AM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Well today I saw the "Lava Reflection" Doomsday for the first time face-to-face. Its even worse in person...I just want to know why anyone in the world would want that figure....it should be an even bigger pegwarmer than the Supes and Bizarro figs.

Still haven't spotted Parasite or Steel yet, I am on the hunt daily though.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

In my Superman dreamwave, I'd want a REALLY hard to get figure of Ben Affleck as George Reeves from Hollywoodland.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    No, those were the "variants" of the last Superman wave. I found the red S supes a while back. The key is to look for the new packaging to see if they're new releases or not. They are probably rehasing them though, although I can't remember

Michael Crawford has a very positive review up of Steel and Parasite.
    http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_020507a.htm Enjoy & HH!
    Those variants from the last wave are also shipping with the new assortment in the new packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I'm surprised they haven't revisited that underwhelming Nightwing from the progenitor to this line, the Batman 2pack version. As for new characters, don't count on it, Mattel confirmed early on that with DC farming out so many of the characters to various studios and projects, crossovers in this toy line are going to be almost non-existant, it's basically to be the Batman/Superman hour.
    I didn't really want to say anything at first even though that statement sounded totally opposite of everything I know to be true (please understand that I mean absolutely no offense here JT) as Warner Brothers and DC are still keeping everything pretty much in house. The one exception being Captain Marvel who was briefly licensed to New Line, although I'm betting the rights may be reverting back very shortly here. The continued expansion of the Justice League Unlimited Line as well as the announcement of this new line: http://photos.superherotimes.com/sho...y.php?cat=1467 kind of confirm that. As I see it, there really is no excuse for Mattel not expanding this line to include other characters even though the lack of said characters being shown at Toy Fair kind of negates expectations.
    While the Battle League line doesn't interest me in the least I still think it's pretty cool that Mattel is doing all those characters in some form, and that they all look like Four Horsemen sculpts. Maybe there's still hope of seeing some of these guys make the DC Heroes line before it dies off like every other line that's concentrated only on Batman and Superman.

Some toy lines are less of a licensing worry to DC than others, main action figures are a big worry, especially the realistic ones because of movies and stuff.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Some toy lines are less of a licensing worry to DC than others, main action figures are a big worry, especially the realistic ones because of movies and stuff.
    that's understandable but unless there's some Green Lantern script floating about out there, how can Hal Jordan appear in the attacktix line but not DCSH realistic or animated?

DC Direct's animated figures for the Superman Doomsday cartoon are looking pretty good

There is a GL script out there I believe. It can be in Attacktix because DC isn't in the habit of handing any 1 company a master license, they may give "action figures" to one company and then "building figures" to another and "collectible game figures" to a third. Or like with the DCSH vs JLU lines, animated GL is no problem but realistic is because they don't want to jinx any possible future realistic movie GL lines. It's kinda dumb. But with Teen Titans, they had Robin so The Batman couldn't, so it does make sense. Even within the same company, once The Batman production started ramping up, DC wouldn't allow Mattel to put out Joker figures in the JLU line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

http://photos.superherotimes.com/sho...y.php?cat=1431

Pics of a few new DC Superheroes such as Man Bat, Kal-El, and Mongul. Also pics of the older figures too.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"