Page 37 of 144 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
    There's speculation that the Legion of Superheroes will be shown at this year's Comic Con but it's just speculation. come on Mattel, give me Fatal Five and Triplicate Girl figures!

however i do know that McDonald's is having a toy promotion for the show in August.

IMO, Mattel had the right opportunity to get the Legion of Superheroes figures this Christmas and they dropped the ball, waiting may doom them at this point. They may have waited though because of a conflict with the Teen Titans line done by Bandai, or perhaps they didn't want to step on the JLU line's toes. Whatever it is though, they need to get it into high gear while they show still has any juice (which I suspect is rapidly dwindling since the CW shows nothing but reruns of the same 7 episodes over and over).

Saw Black Supes yesterday, didn't work for me, the silver boots seemed a bit too disco.

I also saw friggin' Azrael and Mr Freeze from 2 waves ago, but I was too broke to actually do anything about it, they were dirty packages so I guess either they found "lost" backstock or they were returns.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So, me, a huge Batman fan, and the only figure I'll want from an entire wave of Batman figures is Two-Face?

How pathetic is that?

Think of what figures of this level of quality would look like if made of Scarface, Charaxes, Nightwing (who got screwed in the previous line), Spoiler, Catwoman, Penguin (seriously, where are those two?), R'as Al Ghul, etc, etc, etc, etc.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Basically, "look how great this line would be if it were Marvel Legends"
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jor-El be praised, I FINALLY found the black suited Supes tonight. I had been checking my store since I got back last month and CONSTANTLY gave the toy manager guff for having a SUCKY TOY department and not receiving new figures since 06. My pops and I were on our way to the movies and stopped at a random wal-mart just south of dayton and whamo, there sat Supes. I actually shreiked and snatched it. VERY happy to have it.

I guess i'm just awaiting the Two-Face I have on pre-order. Is the clayface still confirmed as he'd be the only other figure i'd think about getting from the Bats wave.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Congrats on the find, Guyute. I think its a very cool figure.

FB, thanks for the link...I am keeping my fingers crossed for Legion figs..I need a Supes and Brainy!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    FB, thanks for the link...I am keeping my fingers crossed for Legion figs..I need a Supes and Brainy!!
    I have a feeling the Legion figures will be unveiled at the SDCC.

as for the DC Mattel lines in general, the action figure manager sometimes posts on that site i linked for the Lightning Lad concept and he posted yesterday that due to a change in management and the fact that there were no DC films this year, they had to be more conservative in their assortments and character selection. the higher ups basically said that not only did they have to do that but with as many Supes and Bats as possible as that's "what the retailers want".

I am just getting back from heroes con there was a vendor who had alot of the dc superheroes..I wanted an extra black suit supes to open, but he was asking $30 for it and $40 for the supergirl in the blue outfit.
    F that!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    but he was asking $30 for it
    Oh god... that's BS. I'll keep an eye open if you still need one. I've seen him a few times now. (Only charge you $25... kidding.)