Page 39 of 144 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989139 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    I hate having to constantly buy figures I already own multiple times over just to get the new figures. It's led me to more or less give the line up in spite of my love for the license and the figures in general. I just can't justify buying another Superman only to throw him in the box with the half-dozen or so others I already own. It's really a shame because I understand the line is still doing fairly well (enough to extend it past the life of the series it's based on.) Imagine how much better they'd sell if fans weren't being forced into such a ludicrous buying pattern.
    You could always give away some of the Superman figures. Or sell/trade them off to customizers. Personally speaking, i have a few ongoing projects with my extras - Supes from the "Legacy" episode of STAS, Supes with the Anti K suit, Supes from the "Brave New Metropolis" episode.

It's one of these situations where Mattel is trying to cover all bases - collectors and kids alike. Not many kids will know who Star Sapphire is and won't want a figure of her but they do know Superman and so his presence in a 3 pack might make them buy it even though they've no idea who the other two characters are.

Found the rest of the newbies this morning...

I got Lex, Shining Knight, Wonder Woman, & Orion singles. Also, Sand/Saphire, Obsidian/Vigilante, & Deadshot/Big Barda!!! WOW...

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    You could always give away some of the Superman figures. Or sell/trade them off to customizers. Personally speaking, i have a few ongoing projects with my extras - Supes from the "Legacy" episode of STAS, Supes with the Anti K suit, Supes from the "Brave New Metropolis" episode.

It's one of these situations where Mattel is trying to cover all bases - collectors and kids alike. Not many kids will know who Star Sapphire is and won't want a figure of her but they do know Superman and so his presence in a 3 pack might make them buy it even though they've no idea who the other two characters are.
    I've run out of kids to give them away to. If I start giving them to kids I don't know, people may find it creepy and suspicious.

I understand why Mattel does this. Just seems to me that there are better, more effective ways to go about it.

I understand why Hasbro does this. Just seems to me that there are better, more effective ways to go about it.
    You mean Mattel, right?

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    You mean Mattel, right?
    Duly noted. Thanks!

Roojay, if you want to get rid of these I would gladly take them. We could work out a trade or something.
    Let me know.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    You can never have too many Superman figures..I'm just sayin.
    even this one??? Supes with funky stripes

I saw a few at Target this morning and the red is actually more like neon pink!

Yeah FB, I would totally buy that!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

Quote Originally Posted by JetsAndHeels View Post
    Roojay, if you want to get rid of these I would gladly take them. We could work out a trade or something.
    Let me know.
    I'd consider that. Whatcha got?
    We are talking my extra Superman, Batman, etc.?

(note - if you can get ahold of even a single McQuarrie figure [Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper] for all of my extras, well...that'd just seal the deal right there!)

(note - if you can get ahold of even a single McQuarrie figure [Chewbacca, Boba Fett, Stormtrooper] for all of my extras, well...that'd just seal the deal right there!)
    Man, that might be a tall order for me...I haven't seen any McFigures around here. Same ol' pegwarmers.

I wouldn't want your batman, etc figs..just Supes.
    I am sure we can work something out.