Page 66 of 144 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    I found wave 2 of DC Universe today at my local WM !
    They had Firestorm , Black Manta and both Supermans (red and blue)
    but they did not have any Harley quinn's or Aquaman which sucks cuz I really wanted to get the Aquaman figure .

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArtist View Post
    picked up the new chase Batman figure for the deluxe line, (Batman as seen when the scarecrow gets his fear toxin shot into his own face) the sculpt looks the same as the previous batman except for the head which is sculpted in that demonic look as seen in the movie and the figure has a light grey wash over the body and cape. the crime scene evidence is scaled replica of the batarang.

all in all a really cool figure
    Nice find!! I wasn't able to snag it in my area and most, if not all of the stores that carry wave 2, which is just WM's right now (unless i'm not seeing something), are out and don't have the figures and blah blah blah. I basically got one off e-bay for a decent price. I figured after opening/going through 12 or so cases and finding nothing and talking to a fellow collector who went through 15 and found nada, i wasn't going to waste my gas any longer. It should be here tomorrow or so.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHBOY View Post
    I found wave 2 of DC Universe today at my local WM !
    They had Firestorm , Black Manta and both Supermans (red and blue)
    but they did not have any Harley quinn's or Aquaman which sucks cuz I really wanted to get the Aquaman figure .
    At a WM?!!?!! That's shocking cos I thought most WM's weren't carrying the line until the WM exclusive wave. Still, awesome find though!!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

At a WM?!!?!! That's shocking cos I thought most WM's weren't carrying the line until the WM exclusive wave. Still, awesome find though!! [/quote]

I was walking through the toy aisle at WM and was like Woah!! I'm glad they did not get wave 1 cuz they would just be pegwarming!!

The situation with the Movie Masters line is really starting to irk me - I have money that Mattel seemed like they wanted, they have supposedly produced items that I want, I go to a good number of stores week in and week out and I see not even the faintest hint of the items I want to trade my money for! Don't they want my money, or was it all just a lie...a little joke at my expense?!

The really sad part is that my friend actually held in his hand the mythical Batman/Joker/Scarecrow Movie Masters 2-Pack at least a month ago, but let it go because he "didn't know if I wanted it or not"!

Some Q&A's from around the net.

From Fwoosh:
    Ask Mattel - 7/15/8
    Written by VeeBee
    Tuesday, 15 July 2008

Toy Guru checks in one last time before the big dance in San Diego to answer a few burning questions. After today, the next round will be scheduled for August 15 and I am sure there will be PLENTY to ask about. Read on for all the rest.

1. As you know, your rivals Hasbro/Marvel produced a Stan Lee action figure as a SDCC exclusive last year. It seemed to be very popular with the collectors. Is it in the realm of possibility that you might make a Jack Kirby commemorative figure for a con exclusive in the future? King Kirby did some of his greatest work at DC comics, and DC has a history of treating him with much more respect than some of his other employers. His Fourth World characters were central in the Super Powers toy line, and they seem to be taking a lead role in the current DCUC line. I know that some of the Four Horsemen are very big fans of his work. I think a Jack Kirby figure would be extremely popular with collectors.
    So, how about it Mattel? What do you think?

A great suggestion and something we can look into if there is enough fan interest!

2. Can you PLEASE comment on the uneven distribution situation at the retail level concerning DCUC and what you are actively doing to remedy it? Why are licensed movie lines like Kung-Fu Panda and Speed Racer getting more retail space and consistent distribution than the more collector-friendly lines such as DC Universe Classics and The Dark Knight Movie Masters?- can you address any of these issues and give us an update on the following:
    a) The expected arrival of more wave 2
    b) The fate of the modern Jason Firestorm assortment
    c) The expected arrival of wave

We recently changed production vendors in an attempt to improve the quality of our product. Because of this, Wave 3 should be out in late July. After that, the second half of Wave 2 will hit selves (with Jason as Firestorm). From there we should be back on track with Wave 4, The Wal Mart Wave 5 and Wave 6 (to be revealed at SDCC) all hitting shelves before 2008 is over.

3. Is Mattel planing to come up with a vinyl figure line to compete with Hasbro's Mighty Muggs? They seem to be popular with collectors and really fun to display. I personally would love to see medium sized stylized line of DC figures.

This is something we are looking into if there is enough fan interest. It may be something offered on our new direct to consumer fan site.

4. As it's been stated that Mattel is not seeking to duplicate characters across lines in the same year, can you give us an idea how many charcters from Infinite Heroes released in 2008 we could expect to see in DCUC in 2009?

Sorry, we don’t have an exact number and this "system" isn’t law as much as a guide. While there are some characters appearing only on one line per year, others will make appearances in two, three, or even more lines.

5. What is the status of the DC Superfriends line? I have not seen any more figures in stores since the initial deluxe Batman & Superman figures were released.

We will have some news about Superfriends to announce at SDCC. We are currently exploring a few opportunities for this line including our new direct to consumer fan site.

Oh man, SDCC is so close you can almost taste it. Next week is going to be big and I am sure we will have a lot more questions for our pal Toy Guru!
    From Raving Toy Maniac:
    1. When will we see DC Universe Vinyl figures a la Mighty Muggs?

This is something we are looking into if there is enough fan interest. It may be something offered on our new direct to consumer fan site.

2. Do you have any plans to release a corrected version of the DCUC Harley Quinn (with white face-paint)?

As commented on at NYCC, this is a repaint we are looking into.

3. Will there be any more 1:18 scale 1966 Batmobiles?

Yes, this product will continue to ship throughout the year.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    The situation with the Movie Masters line is really starting to irk me - I have money that Mattel seemed like they wanted, they have supposedly produced items that I want, I go to a good number of stores week in and week out and I see not even the faintest hint of the items I want to trade my money for! Don't they want my money, or was it all just a lie...a little joke at my expense?!

The really sad part is that my friend actually held in his hand the mythical Batman/Joker/Scarecrow Movie Masters 2-Pack at least a month ago, but let it go because he "didn't know if I wanted it or not"!
    Still irked as ever, but one bit of goodness is that I managed to find the very last Batman Begins Bats on the shelf at Target on the way in to work tonight! Pretty cool, and I was pleasantly surprised to find that he looks to be an almost completely new sculpt (excepting maybe the head!) I was of the impression that he was really just a slight retool of the Dark Knight version.
    Funny story - when I opened him, I at first thought that the reason he was left on the shelf was that his feet where on the wrong legs! Left foot on right leg, Right foot on left. Turns out that he'd been packaged with his waist and thigh joints swiveled a complete 180 degrees so that his boo-boo was where his wee-wee should've been and the arches of his feet were oriented in the wrong direction! A simple twist of the offending joints, and he was all better!

Edit: Whoops! I also forgot to mention that they also had the first assortment of Infinite Heroes! All except for Atom, Black Hand, and Black Adam (hee-hee-hee.) I had originally hoped that these would end up a little better designed, painted, and sculpted than the prototypes looked, but I was left disappointed and hoping that Mattel isn't going to end up spreading themselves too thin with this line; I'd much rather they dedicate the money spent here to the 6 inch line.

Still no unmasked or fear toxin, but picked up Scarecrow tonight.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Got my Fear Toxin Bats in the mail today; pretty cool figure. Shame I had to pay more on e-bay for it as i'll never see it in stores, more than likely.

Also, FINALLY started to customize my Joker figure from the May launch. So far, it looks pretty solid, considering this is the first time i've EVER customized a figure. I'm still debating if I want to put more black around the eyes as i'm not exactly the greatest painter. My hands aren't exactly the steadiest, but i've been using toothpicks and so far, so good.
    Last edited by Jedi_Master_Guyute; 07-18-2008 at 10:32 PM.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I found and bought some of the Infinite Heroes figures today. Got Guy Gardner, Adam Strange and Captain Marvel/Shazam. I almost wanted to get Zoom as well. I actually kind of like these figures and you can't argue about the 4.99 price tag!

I may actually buy Adam Strange as I absolutely love that character, and I have a feeling that if and when he's done in the 6" line it will be only in the classic costume. The classic threads are great and certainly a lot of the guy's charm, but I really dig his new duds!