Page 73 of 144 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783123 ... LastLast
    I saw an upcoming release list for Hot Wheels on a HW message board, and on the latest one that got posted some new 1:50 scale Batman vehicles were listed:

Batman 2009 1-50 scale-1966 Batmobile-black
    Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Bat Boat with trailer-blue and white
    Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Bat Cycle with Sidecar-black and white
    Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Batman Returns Batmobile-black
    Batman 2009 1-50 scale-Batmobile Shields Up-black

I assume the '66 Batmobile and Batcycle are rereleases...which bites, but if we're truly getting the Burtonmobile then I'm too excited to care.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Saw the Movie Masters Bat Pod at Target today. Gotta say it was pretty sweet -gonna have to pick it up methinks.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Matty Collector.Com announced Wave 8 of the DC Universe Classic figures.

Matty announces DCU Classics Wave 8
    November 3, 2008
    By Matty

Hey DCUC fans!

Big news here on MattyCollector.com. In addition to moving closer to having our DCU brand pages up (look for those in December with release calendars and picture archives!), we are thrilled to announce the premier of WAVE 8 of DCU Classics figures! Look for these to hit stores in mid-Spring 2009. Truly some of the best figures we have done to date!

Wave 8 will include:

Hawkgirl™
    Gentleman Ghost™
    Dr Fate™ (with a chase classic version)
    Parademon™ (both Red and Yellow versions split 50/50!)
    Mr. Terrific™
    Vigilante
    Commander Steel™
    And drum roll…the Collect and Connect™ bonus figure, and our biggest yet at a whopping 10 inches is… GIGANTA™

A great new wave with some army builders and characters who have never made it to toy shelves before! We couldn't be more thrilled with the fan support and the quality of these figures. Keep those comments coming on the message boards because we always want to hear what you have to say!

Check out the sneak peek pics below and we'll see you in the toy aisles!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Gentleman Ghost? Wow. That's a tad on the obscure side, unless they've scraped him off the barrel for one of the bazillion Countdown to the 52 Infinite Final Identity Crisis tie-ins.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

As much as I look forward to Hawkgirl and Dr. Fate (assuming I can ever find them), but I'm quite surprised Martian Manhunter still hasn't been announced. Wave 9, I guess...there shouldn't be anyone else that could take his spot.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Gentleman Ghost? Wow. That's a tad on the obscure side, unless they've scraped him off the barrel for one of the bazillion Countdown to the 52 Infinite Final Identity Crisis tie-ins.
    Gentleman Ghost is also getting a figure in both the JLU and Brave and the Bold lines.

That last "see you in the toy aisles" comment in the Matty announcement is quite funny especially if you're like me and have seen very, very little of wave 3 DCUC and none of wave 4.

Gentleman Ghost, aside from being one of those classic characters with tons of history in just about every corner of the DCU (he's battled the JSA, Hawkman, Batman, the Atom, the JLA, etc.) has been pretty prominently featured in several key stories recently. He figured heavily in the recent Hawkman series, helped close out the previous JSA series after Infinite Crisis. Plus, he should make for a really cool looking figure!

This is why I've never had faith in DC compared to Marvel when it comes to action figure sales. That's a heck of a mix of figures (though no major characters hanging this wave on) and yet not one of them looks like it'll get casual collectors' attention. Mattel seems to have delivered on the material, and yet I don't see an exciting figure among them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Matty Collector.Com announced Wave 8 of the DC Universe Classic figures.

Matty announces DCU Classics Wave 8
    November 3, 2008
    By Matty

Hey DCUC fans!

Big news here on MattyCollector.com. In addition to moving closer to having our DCU brand pages up (look for those in December with release calendars and picture archives!), we are thrilled to announce the premier of WAVE 8 of DCU Classics figures! Look for these to hit stores in mid-Spring 2009. Truly some of the best figures we have done to date!

Wave 8 will include:

Hawkgirl™
    Gentleman Ghost™
    Dr Fate™ (with a chase classic version)
    Parademon™ (both Red and Yellow versions split 50/50!)
    Mr. Terrific™
    Vigilante
    Commander Steel™
    And drum roll…the Collect and Connect™ bonus figure, and our biggest yet at a whopping 10 inches is… GIGANTA™

A great new wave with some army builders and characters who have never made it to toy shelves before! We couldn't be more thrilled with the fan support and the quality of these figures. Keep those comments coming on the message boards because we always want to hear what you have to say!

Check out the sneak peek pics below and we'll see you in the toy aisles!

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/...me/pbPage.News
    another wave i'll be totally skipping.

ANY word on the WM exclusive wave?!!?!?! I want that Riddler!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

I really like Dr Fate he's pretty cool but what's up with Vigilante in that crappy uniform ? I think the Original Cowboy Vigilante would've been way better IMO !!