Page 88 of 144 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
    Found the Batboat wave today at Wal-Mart, and have to say it turned out pretty nicely. Haven't opened it yet, though. On the back of the new packaging it shows the '89 Batwing (with a stand), Superfriends Batmobile and Batpod.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ugh, Batwing, now I MUST own this wave as well. My wallet literally burst yesterday.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Well, not sure when the Batwing or Batpod are supposed to be coming out as they weren't in any of the EE case listings. I forgot to mention that the Burtonmobile is also on the back of the packaging.

As for the Batboat, it's a pretty nice little piece. The trailer is pretty flimsy, but it's only a bonus anyways. The top of the boat seems to be metal while the hull is plastic, and there is some paint slop on small silver details over the top of it, but nothing too bad. It's probably the one thing you definitely want to pay attention to when analyzing it at the store. My only other qualm with it is that the Bat logo in the wing/fin looks too small.

I also picked up the version of the '66 Batmobile with the trailer hitch to go with it, which is basically the same as the previous release aside from the hitch. Although, the tires seem to be made of softer rubber and roll far more smoothly than my series 1 version. I can't stop staring at having a trailer hitch in front of a jet thruster, though. That's just...weird.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I'm actually very, very impressed by Mattycollector.com!!!

I ordered the JLU Gotham Criminals set yesterday shortly after it was made available. I selected UPS Ground and got them delivered by the Flash to my home today! Of course it certainly helps that it shipped out from Ontario which isn't that far from Los Angeles but most importantly, Mattycollector didn't lygag around like HTS when processing my order.

I haven't even received an email with tracking info yet and so I had no idea it would be at my doorstep today.

The figures themselves look great, especially Harley, Bane and Scarecrow.

I agree with you there - so far I've had nothing but good experiences with Mattycollector! Can't wait until Alex Luthor and Ultraman are available!

I've gotta admit, right now the DC Universe line is probably my favorite thing going... but it's a f***ing crazy line to collect.

Saw most of wave 7 at a local store (Fred Meyer) tonight. They had all but Aquaman, Booster Gold and Blue Beetle... which sucked because I'm on kind of a JLI kick right now, and really want Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. Aquaman and his whole "Ocean Warrior" thing is something that I'm not sure about. I'm not very impressed with the paint on any of The Flash or Kid Flash figures that I'm seeing either, so I may not rush to complete this wave. (Sorry Atom Smasher.)

I did get Captain Cold and Big (or more like "medium") Barda. They look great.

Oh, and they had the re-carded Classic Detective Batman and Green lantern figures as well.

Something else... I've seen some of the newer Infinite Heroes figures also. Though they're better, and I was tempted by Batman and Scarecrow, but I can't see myself paying the $7.99 that Fred Meyer wanted for them. Those are really $5 figures at best.

C'mon Mattel!!! P**s or get off the pot. You've got to be able to do a better 3-3/4 line... or just don't bother. It'd almost be cooler if they did a "micro" line (2-inch figures) with vehicles and playsets instead. (Hmmm... a Justice League playset... hmmm...)

No Batboat for me yet, but I did find a new-ish 1:64 Batmobile. Has new "faster" wheels, and a much nicer card design this time around.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	batmobiletv1-64_03a.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	19652  

I saw that on pegs last week, the wheels disgusted me so much that I tossed it onto the shelf amongst the pile.

I can't remember the last action figure line where Mattel didn't suck.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    the wheels disgusted me
    But... they're faster!

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I can't remember the last action figure line where Mattel didn't suck.
    Probably the vintage He-Man line.

DC Universe 6-inch is a good line. Admittedly that has everything to do with who's sculpting the figures, but it's still a lot of fun. And... they're holding at around $9.99, which is a big deal to me.

But... they're faster!
    No, they're faster than ever!
    May the force be with you.