Page 89 of 144 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
    I found my first wave 5 figure today. It was a lone Riddler that somehow was completely free from the blister's hold and practically squashed up against the front of the bubble like a bug on the windshield. Another amazing sighting was Killer Moth on the peg above the Riddler, and his bubble was hanging half off with the Kalibak piece long gone.

Just can't win.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I got tired of seeing empty DCUC pegs all the time (or else it's always wave 2 revision) so I ordered Hawkman and Flash from an online retailer.

I'd like to finish Atom Smasher but from that wave I only want Flash, Medium Barda and Booster modern.

I'm hoping that the JLU Bats Beyond/Bruce Wayne/Warhawk pack shows up any day now as March was when they were due to be in stores.

I guess the 1:18 Elite 1966 Batmobile did pretty well, as BBTS is listing a 1:18 Elite version of the Burtonmobile and a 1:12 Elite version of the 1966 Batcycle.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/s...h=elite+batman

Of course, this also makes sense because the normal versions of the 1:18 Burtonmobile are going well over $100 on ebay at the moment.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."

Found pics at EE of the Elite Batcycle, and it seems that they will also be releasing a regular version in the $40 area. Of course, the picture is the same on both pages and it's unclear if it's a depiction of the normal or elite version, but either way it looks quite nice.
    I'm quite curious if this means they will also be releasing a new normal version of the '89 Batmobile, or leaving that to rest. Personally, I would love a rerelease of the glossy version that came in the tube packaging as I waited too long and they completely vanished.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/pr...number=MTR0006

I got Flash and Hawkman from Cornerstone Comics today!

I'm about to open up both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    But... they're faster!
    They look crappy!

Probably the vintage He-Man line.
    Nah, that line was full of repaints, poor articulation, and had weak distribution for main characters (well, the ones that didn't have rotating chest armor gimmicks, anyway).

DC Universe 6-inch is a good line. Admittedly that has everything to do with who's sculpting the figures, but it's still a lot of fun. And... they're holding at around $9.99, which is a big deal to me.
    IMO, DCU is a mixed bag, and they're very difficult to find. I finally saw a Wonder Woman figure on pegs, walked away from it and this whole line. And Target jacked the pricing up to $12, which I didn't notice till I put her back and decided to give the whole thing up.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

DCUC Hawkman gets an A from me! The sculpt on the wings is just amazing!

Unfortunately, Flash does not get as high a grade as there are different shades of red all over him. It's just like with some of my JLU Flash figures where the torso, arms, legs and head aren't all exactly the same shade of red.

Better pics of new MM are up at EE!!! Lookin' good!!

Any sightings of the new MM yet? Scarecrow in suit and Final Battle Bats?!?!!?? I haven't seen ANY new MM figures yet. It's kinda sad.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTP6167Alg.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	19746   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MTP6167B1lg.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	19747  
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Walmart and Target don't seem to have pegs earmarked for MM's so I guess TRU would be the only place you'd find them right now.

They've sold out now, unfortunately, but I ordered DCUC Barda from TRU.com earlier tonight. Kid Flash is still available if anyone needs one.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi_Master_Guyute View Post
    Better pics of new MM are up at EE!!! Lookin' good!!
    Ahh, man! I need that Dent figure... and those Joker figures... don't know how I feel about bag-head Batman though.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    Walmart and Target don't seem to have pegs earmarked for MM's so I guess TRU would be the only place you'd find them right now.

They've sold out now, unfortunately, but I ordered DCUC Barda from TRU.com earlier tonight. Kid Flash is still available if anyone needs one.
    For me... I'm lucky enough that local store Fred Meyer has been putting out Mattel stuff, but haven't seen any new Batman MM. The pegs are still clogged with tons of Gotham thugs right now anyway, so I doubt that they're looking to restock anytime soon.

BTW, I've seen the Big Barda variant twice now, so if anyone (regulars only) is desperately in need of it, let me know.

Oh, and seein' as how I didn't see this 'till now...

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Nah, that line was full of repaints, poor articulation, and had weak distribution for main characters (well, the ones that didn't have rotating chest armor gimmicks, anyway).
    You're the f***ing anti-christ aren't you? You've actually managed to rip on one of the most fun toy lines of its time. Gawd!

IMO, DCU is a mixed bag, and they're very difficult to find. I finally saw a Wonder Woman figure on pegs, walked away from it and this whole line. And Target jacked the pricing up to $12, which I didn't notice till I put her back and decided to give the whole thing up.
    I totally agree, but if you can hunt around a bit to find things for a decent price and with proper paint jobs, it's worth it.

Again... I've been lucky(ish) lately in that we've got a few stores carrying the line now, but for sure I'm unhappy that I'll probably never find Hawkman or any of the others from that wave besides Mr. Miracle. (Who's great, don't get me wrong, but I wanted all of wave 6.)

The real problem though, is that you live in scalper central... which sucks. And it's all the more frustrating and stupid, because Mattel is right f***ing there. I'll never understand why they don't open up an outlet where the public can wander in and buy things.