Page 91 of 144 FirstFirst ... 4181878889909192939495101141 ... LastLast
    Anyone else collecting the lead painted DC Superheroes figurines from Eaglemoss? They are currently being imported from Britain, where they are offered through a subscription service including fact-filled magazines about the specific character. They're fantastically detailed, very nicely sculpted, and masterfully hand-painted! Eaglemoss has also been running a series of Marvel figurines for some time now, and there are dozens of Marvel characters already available (though some of the older ones may be difficult to find and might be kind of pricey on the secondary market.) The figurines are about three inches tall and cast in lead (keep them away from the kiddies!) They're heavy as hell - you could probably kill somebody with one of them! Even if you don't melt them down and cast them as bullets!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roo's Figures 080.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	19881   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roo's Figures 079.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	19882   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roo's Figures 081.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	53.2 KB 
ID:	19883   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roo's Figures 078.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	52.7 KB 
ID:	19884  

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    you could probably kill somebody with one of them!
    Awesome, I want one!!

Seriously, I want the Superman.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Anyone else collecting the lead painted DC Superheroes figurines from Eaglemoss? They are currently being imported from Britain, where they are offered through a subscription service including fact-filled magazines about the specific character. They're fantastically detailed, very nicely sculpted, and masterfully hand-painted! Eaglemoss has also been running a series of Marvel figurines for some time now, and there are dozens of Marvel characters already available (though some of the older ones may be difficult to find and might be kind of pricey on the secondary market.) The figurines are about three inches tall and cast in lead (keep them away from the kiddies!) They're heavy as hell - you could probably kill somebody with one of them! Even if you don't melt them down and cast them as bullets!
    I've been getting the Marvel ones for several years now.

They're up to 140 characters now. And 20 some specials. Great collection.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    I've been getting the Marvel ones for several years now.

They're up to 140 characters now. And 20 some specials. Great collection.
    Yeah, it's too bad Marvel always gets preferential treatment with things like this, since DC has better characters. Same thing happened with HeroClix. The DC series is still new, though, so maybe they'll catch up eventually.

Yeah, it's too bad Marvel always gets preferential treatment with things like this, since DC has better characters. Same thing happened with HeroClix. The DC series is still new, though, so maybe they'll catch up eventually.
    I'll disagree about the better characters thing.

I'm sure the DC Collection will grow to be just as large.

I probably won't collect them though. I was tempted by the Titans, but then decided to pass. I will get Grodd though, cause he's looking pretty darn cool. But it sucks that DC is forcing Eaglemoss to do multiple versions of Batman and Superman in the line. At least with the Marvel Collection we never got that. That next special being a Golden Superman Special of the statue of when Superman died. Feh.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'll agree on the DC characters being better

We got shafted on DC minimates but that's DC Direct's fault for putting the line on "hiatus".

As I've little hope of finding DCUC at my local stores, I bought wave 6 Supes from a comic book store today.

I've pretty much given up on DCUC, if I actually get lucky enough to find one I want then I'll buy it. But, I'm not going to bust my tenders looking for them or worry about if I'll be able to get a particular figure anymore. The whole thing with the exclusive Wal-Mart wave has just worn me down to where I don't care, and find it immensely stupid to endlessly hunt for figures that have worse quality control than Mexican bootlegs.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I'll agree on the DC characters being better

We got shafted on DC minimates but that's DC Direct's fault for putting the line on "hiatus".

As I've little hope of finding DCUC at my local stores, I bought wave 6 Supes from a comic book store today.
    If you need help there, let me know - the Kalibak wave has been plentiful in my area so far. I've even found a few of the Atom Smasher wave on shelves several times now (the Flashes, Captain Cold, and Aquaman.) The only one that's been very hard to find at all has been Dr. Impossible. Of course, with my schedule it could take a while before I manage to send any out...

The few DC characters who are better than Marvel are much better (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern). The trouble is DC has too many characters without much following that they think are A-listers (Wonder Woman, Aquaman--honestly, who likes either of them?) and D-listers and below that they don't simply let fade away (Shining Knight? Really?). And characters with real potential that never quite see it realized (Martian Manhunter).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The few DC characters who are better than Marvel are much better (Batman, Superman, Green Lantern). The trouble is DC has too many characters without much following that they think are A-listers (Wonder Woman, Aquaman--honestly, who likes either of them?) and D-listers and below that they don't simply let fade away (Shining Knight? Really?). And characters with real potential that never quite see it realized (Martian Manhunter).
    Oddly enough, I really like all of the characters that you mention. Yes, even Shining Knight (he's one of my faves, and I say that without irony.) In fact, the point you make about Martian Manhunter can be made of not only Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shining Knight, and a lot of others.
    One of the reasons I love DC Comics so much is that they tend to have much more respect for their history and their entire stable of characters than Marvel tends to. It was this sense of history that attracted to comics in general in the first place - it started with watching Super Friends on TV as a kid, which led me to seek out comics. When I looked up comics like Green Lantern and Justice League on the stands I discovered all this history behind the characters that didn't make it into the cartoons, and this incredible wealth of characters that expanded far beyond Superman, Batman, and the Flash! Unfortunately, at various times there have been creators (and readers) that have come along that just really don't seem to get it. They just don't understand the richness and the history, and sometimes that stuff gets pushed aside or flat out ignored to the detriment of all of these cool characters. Maybe it's not for everybody, but if more folks would give guys like Shining knight a chance they might find out why exactly it is that these characters have been around for so long.