Page 121 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish View Post
    Just got a look at those photos finally, and yeah, they do look great. I'm imagining that they'll be offered at SDCC as well...
    I hope they are and I expect it will be chaos to acquire them. Again.

Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Last night, I saw pictures of the DC Direct Wonder Con exclusive Hal Jordan and Sinestro figures. They continue the theme from last year's SDCC exclusives that were such a task to acquire on site. I'd like these two to be offered again at SDCC, so I can have a chance at completing the set.
    Those shouldn't be exclusives at all! It's not like DC Direct wouldn't be able to sell tons of these in comic stores.

I got Larfleeze the other day btw. Minemineminemine!!!

Check out this load of bunk response from Matty

Q2.) Will any past waves be re-offered on MattyCollector.com? Wave 11 is marked out of stock, but not "gone for good".

A2.) Wave 11 will not be back on MattyCollector.com. Each box set is up for a set amount of time and then gone! Although right now we are still evaluating whether to keep the box sets going. There was actually much less interest in Wave 11 and now Wave 12 then we hoped for to justify all of the logistics of creating these sets. Unless sales of the box set pick up with Wave 13, we may not be able to continue these. We can only make and sell toys for MattyCollector.com if there are fans/customers buying them

That's terrible. I have bought both box sets made available. It's the only way I can collect these in complete shape. Without this option, it gives many little chance of completing any set.

The thing they're overlooking is that there was little interest in wave 12 because it had already showed up in a lot of areas, and even Amazon. Mattel simply has far too unrealistic expectations when it comes to stuff sold through Matty. It's not as though they lose anything from posting the cases, in fact you would think they would get more profit.

They sell wholesale to stores which then put them up to $15 each with their profit included, whereas the cases on Matty still come out to $15 a figure, so they're getting more per case than they do from stores. It shouldn't be of any concern if they sell out within 2 minutes, 2 weeks or even after a few months as long as they eventually sell out. Are they really that pressed for inventory space?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I found the latest wave of JLU singles today and bought Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter and Superman with Kandor.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm all caught up with a Mattel line but am waiting on not one but two waves of Clone Wars figures.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I found the latest wave of JLU singles today and bought Plastic Man, Martian Manhunter and Superman with Kandor.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm all caught up with a Mattel line but am waiting on not one but two waves of Clone Wars figures.
    I found this wave as well, but did not want to pay $8.99 per figure - after tax, it's about $10 a figure. I'll wait for these.

So... DCUC wave 12 finally showed up near me (thank you to Fred Meyer and their 20% off sale), and I managed to pick up Dr. Mid-Nite and The Spectre.
    plasticfetish.net

I always hate looking at DC figures with my daughter. I have to remind her that the Infinite Crisis figures don't hold up to even basic play. It's probably because of Batman and Superman, but she's more of a DC kid than I was (I leaned Marvel up until the 1989 Batman movie showed me that the character wasn't Adam West, or, worse, the knockoff Adam West from Superfriends).

I did get her the Barbie Black Canary from a while back, which still languishes at some Big Lots stores. I always figured it didn't do well because most Barbie collectors don't know who the character is, and those who do know her aren't buying Barbies. But, thanks to the machinations of the Music Meister, she loves Black Canary. (I'll post thoughts when she's opened--right now, she's something of a bribe to get someone's bedroom cleaned up.)

Speaking of the Music Meister, it's a bit more ambitious a project than I've attempted before, but I also got some character from the Secret Saturdays at Big Lots for $3. (Even TRU had these on clearance. I guess no one watches that show.) The size and construction of this guy--the teenager, since neither the kid nor the supermuscled adult looked usable--look compatible with the large Brave and the Bold figures. He's going to take a bit more work, but I'm either going to wind up with the Music Meister or a total steaming pile of crap.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I read that some of the previously exclusive to Matty.com Dark Knight Movie Masters are starting to appear in TRU's as they had promised.

It looks like the DCUC exclusive for SDCC is going to be Plastic Man

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I read that some of the previously exclusive to Matty.com Dark Knight Movie Masters are starting to appear in TRU's as they had promised.

It looks like the DCUC exclusive for SDCC is going to be Plastic Man
    I found some of them yesterday, but alas, no Two-Face and he was the one I REALLY want. If anybody finds one/an extra, lemme know! thanks!
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"