Page 123 of 144 FirstFirst ... 2373113119120121122123124125126127133 ... LastLast
Results 1,221 to 1,230 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    By not looking too big, I meant the figure itself. Validus, as you and countless comics have shown, should be much larger than the regular figures in the line. The way the figure is set up seems inadequately small for a C&C.
    I hear you, but I think this is about as big as we could hope for here. A few years back he might've turned out a bit taller. It's kind of too bad that these companies aren't going the much cheaper, rotocast route on some of these characters. I'm not sure that'd work within the C&C format, but it sure would be cool if they could do a separate line of larger characters (Mattel with DC, and Hasbro with Marvel both) in rotocast with the same type of design. Toy Biz had always done amazing things with the format that still allowed them to keep the articulation level high, while keeping the costs down. Probably a tough sell at retail with a lot of these characters, though, especially since even then 'cheaper' could still easily amount to $40-50.

Sighted the Mattel die-cast Batmobile line's Batpod. I stashed it at my local TRU, no interest in spending $9 on it myself, it's too thin and light in color for my tastes. I am pretty sure like the Movie Masters Batpod, this one has an opening "gas tank" engine detail.

Oh, speaking of Movie Masters, that TRU had the MM TDK Batman with the white-only eyes (they're slightly yellowed for a glow effect) and a tear in his pants, plus MM TDK Scarecrow and missile-lobbing Joker. Aren't these like forever-ago old?

Also in Mattel Batmobile news, I found and bought a Hot Wheels Customs Tumbler Batmobile. It's $8 and has removable/replaceable parts, swapping in armored windows and a turret on top and huge monster-truck-height treads (non-movable). The size is slightly bigger than the die-cast line, only all plastic here, and has snap-on parts onto triangle-shaped holes which aren't visible when fully built. Fun little item, I like it better than the die-cast Tumbler even.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Those TDK figures are actually new as they're just now making it to retail. They were supposed to be MattyCollector exclusives along with Harvey, Two Face, proto-suit Bruce and Bank Robber Joker for $20 each, but that was scrapped when Bank Robber Joker performed horribly. Somehow Mattel was able to get TRU to agree to take on the rest, after they were all initially released on Matty for $15 a piece. They just started showing up at TRU about a couple months ago, and never made it to retail prior to this, even though they were supposed to be released long ago.

I still haven't seen the 1:50 Batpod in person, but since the Comic Con version was black and actually had Batman on it, I'd refuse it in favor of that one anyway. I should get around to tracking that down...

That Tumbler is weird, your mention is the first time I've heard of it and there's only two on ebay. Btw, I'm pretty sure the version in the 1:50 line isn't diecast either, it feels too soft to be so. Oddly, though, the desert camo repaint feels like diecast.

Oh, in case anyone forgot or thought they might've been sold out, DCUC wave 5 is still available on Matty.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Ah, good to know about those figs. I wish I had been more interested in that Batman figure, it was clearly the first to go, but I passed because I didn't want the figure first and foremost.

The Comic-Con Batpod is gold and the figure is way underscaled. http://www.flickr.com/photos/batsuff/3776002714/

I had the brand name a little wrong, it's "Hot Wheels Custom Motors", and it's the only time I've ever seen it. It's worth tracking down, Target will be most likely since they're getting the other new vehicles (it's TDK-inspired I think, as it's a dark gray Lamborghini-type "supercar", but the hardpoint on the nose ruined it for me so I passed), but TRU carries the line as well.

When I compared the Die-Cast Tumbler to that Custom Motors one, it was clear that the metal one really is metal, it's just the matte deco that softens its feel. I would love it if not for the hubs of the arms holding the front wheels sticking out so badly on the side.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The Brave and the Bold Action League is on clearance at Target. I got my daughter all five sets they had that she didn't have. I told her she'll have to fight me for Guy Gardner.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    The Brave and the Bold Action League is on clearance at Target. I got my daughter all five sets they had that she didn't have. I told her she'll have to fight me for Guy Gardner.
    Thanks for the tip! I never got Black Lightning or Scarecrow so this will be my chance.

We got Batman/Etrigan, Black Lightning/Wildcat, Batman/Joker, Dr Fate/Wotan, and Guy Gardner/Dr Polaris. I didn't see the Scarecrow one, but she has it already.

I'm really, really hoping they break the "no girls" rule and announce a Black Canary/Music Meister set soon. Aside from those two characters (and the bazillion cameos), she can reenact the entire Music Meister episode.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I got my DCUC Atom today! Bought it from a fellow collector who got the DCUC wave 5 set from Matty.

Quote Originally Posted by RooJay View Post
    Man, I've never even seen Guy Gardner!
    I don't think I had, either. I found the other three, then Joker and Guy were mixed in with Prince of Persia figures (also on clearance--that might be a record, even for Target).
    Tommy, close your eyes.