Page 130 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1431
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    ...there are only going to be 2 waves, wave 2 might ship in lesser numbers.
    Just 2? I hoped there might be more announced later this year. I'm not too happy with the GL toys previewed at Toy Fair. I suspect all the bizarre aliens will peg warm and end up clearanced at year's end. The corps has so many cool aliens, yet Mattel goes for these weirdos? Yes, they might pop up in the movie, but with the bounty of different lanterns, maybe Mattel could have prioritized some more well-known characters, particularly if GLC was only going to be confined to 2 waves.

There's supposed to be a third wave, but it's going to be an "All Stars" wave, I don't think anything else has been said about it. I'm hoping it's the opportunity for a repaint of Kyle Rayner in his more iconic costume.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Guess I need to be on the lookout for the GLC 3-Pack with Dex-Starr.

Only one I want. Dex-Starr is awesome sauce.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yeah, that's one of the few that I grabbed. Great little figure and I'm glad he came in the 3-pack, I was worried I'd have to get another Red Lantern to get him - although I'm thinking about grabbing Skallox anyway to give Dex a sidekick. Plus that figure looks cool itself. B'dg is the main reason I got the pack, though I hope we get Ch'p sometime soon!
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

DC is finally coming out with the Legion of Superheroes:
    http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mo...=800&start=100
    Looks like it's the 6" line which is kind of a bummer but it's a start (I can't confirm this) Validus is the build-a-figure. http://thefwoosh.com/2010/09/first-l...assics-validus
    The outfits are not the original costumes from the Silver Age except some that did not change like Ultra Boy and of course Superboy.
    If these are a hit maybe we'll see some more Legionnaires (3 3/4 hopefully) Wouldn't mind getting the rest of the Fatal Five.

There are so many from the LOSH it would take them a while to do them all.
    "Ohh, maxi big da fish! Well dat smells stinkowiff"

"No time to discuss this as a supercommittee.... I am not a supercommittee!"

Not sure if this is news or not, but I picked up some of the second (?) wave of the, uh, "DC Galactic Heroes" for my daughter: Green Arrow vs Prometheus (she loves Green Arrow and Black Canary) and Tomar Re vs some weird leech-looking Yellow Lantern (Low, I think was his name). They also had John "Not the Host of the Daily Show" Stewart vs a Red Lantern (Atrocitious?) and Batman vs Joker. (I figured she'd go after the latter one, but she decided she has enough Batmen since you pretty much had to buy one with every B&TB set, and she likes her cartoony Joker better.) Not sure if these have been seen widely, or if I'm one of the first (and I'm too lazy to scour the thread. )

It's painfully obvious these are geared toward adult collectors and not kids, no matter what they may want to try to collect retailers. When I had a $100+ per month comic habit for several years, about half of it DC, and I've never heard of half the guys they're making, I'd consider them obscure. I know all the Rainbow Lanterns are a new development (okay, a recent dredging up and expanding of a throwaway Silver Age story that no one read, no matter how famous the writer of said story is).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Not sure if this is news or not, but I picked up some of the second (?) wave of the, uh, "DC Galactic Heroes" for my daughter: Green Arrow vs Prometheus (she loves Green Arrow and Black Canary) and Tomar Re vs some weird leech-looking Yellow Lantern (Low, I think was his name). They also had John "Not the Host of the Daily Show" Stewart vs a Red Lantern (Atrocitious?) and Batman vs Joker. (I figured she'd go after the latter one, but she decided she has enough Batmen since you pretty much had to buy one with every B&TB set, and she likes her cartoony Joker better.) Not sure if these have been seen widely, or if I'm one of the first (and I'm too lazy to scour the thread. )

It's painfully obvious these are geared toward adult collectors and not kids, no matter what they may want to try to collect retailers. When I had a $100+ per month comic habit for several years, about half of it DC, and I've never heard of half the guys they're making, I'd consider them obscure. I know all the Rainbow Lanterns are a new development (okay, a recent dredging up and expanding of a throwaway Silver Age story that no one read, no matter how famous the writer of said story is).
    I bought most of those at Target last week but I wouldn't say they've been seen widely. That has also been the only Target where I've even seen Action League.

I picked up 2 JLU packs today, as well, Deimos/Warlord/Supergirl and Grey Ghost/Bats/Joker.

Did anyone else stop receiving e-mail notifications for subscribed forums? I thought it was strange that no one seemed to be commenting on any that I'm subscribed to, and the new site setup makes it so much harder to catch on to new posts, in my opinion.
    Anyway, doea anyone have any news about the Blackest Night wave? I'd tried to pre-order it online, but pretty much every online source I frequent was already sold out!

I finally found the Aquaman/Mer-man 2 pack at TRU today. I never did get Mer-man and this Aquaman with the gold belt and glossy costume I like better than the first DCUC version.

Haven't seen the MOTUC/DCUC wave 2 packs yet.