Page 133 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3383123129130131132133134135136137143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1431
    TRU also had a 3-pack in Hot Wheels scale and another 3-pack from the 1:42 line. The HW 3-packs were I think the Tumbler in camo, the black Tumbler, and the Batpod. The 1:42 3-pack was a chrome version of the Adam West Batmobile, the Superfriends Batmobile, and the Comic Book Batmobile. The chrome doesn't suit the Adam West car so well, I don't know why they keep slapping it on their various releases.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The DC thread lives!

So did Mattel run their DC figure lines into the ground or what? The show is going strong but the Young Justice lines are getting axed, DCUC was going to be rebranded but will now take a hiatus until next year.

I'm not sure that letting their kid-friendly Galactic Heroes knockoff line get completely taken over by the anything-but-kid-friendly Flashpoint figures was the wisest move, either.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    The DC thread lives!

So did Mattel run their DC figure lines into the ground or what? The show is going strong but the Young Justice lines are getting axed, DCUC was going to be rebranded but will now take a hiatus until next year.
    Ha! Yeah, Mattel has totally mismanaged their DC lines, it's hard to watch. They made 2 lines of Young Justice, both entirely wrong for the market and priced all wrong. The main DCUC line has been whimpering for death for a while as the price skyrockets. Green Lantern movie product chokes pegs a year later, while they produce nothing for the new cartoon. And their new TDKR line is a joke, although the smaller figures are priced more reasonably, but the whole line has the worst pegs I've ever seen a large launch get. Oh, and they released a new "Batman" general line aside it that's lightly styled and seems to have no particular core audience in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I'm not sure that letting their kid-friendly Galactic Heroes knockoff line get completely taken over by the anything-but-kid-friendly Flashpoint figures was the wisest move, either.
    I hadn't noticed Action League in a while, but it seems to me like they have been actively trying to drive kids AWAY from the line.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Considering how good the Young Justice show is, the shame has to be felt at Mattel for the failure of that toy line. On paper, the line should have worked: they had a kid scale (4") with collect and connect and an adult collector scale with a ton of accessories, yet it tanked. I think the reason is a combination of the price point and the initially erratic schedule of the show's airing. If the show were on Friday nights regularly and the price of the toys had been cheaper, the line might have survived long enough to get us a wider array of figures, since the show continues to use so many characters.

That said, I have enjoyed paying $6.92 for the Young Justice 6" figures at Target during their recent clearance. I picked up two Sportsmasters (since he seems generic enough to have more than one posed simultaneously attacking Batman AND, mainly, because he comes with a bunch of cool accessories) and another Artemis for similar reasons. If I can find another Red Arrow or Robin, I'll pick them up for the same reason. I have the whole line unopened from when they first trickled out.

Is anyone else here buying the figures from the "evergreen" Batman series?

I have 4 of them so far, and am enjoying them. They kind of remind me of the figures from the animated series in the 90's.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

Is "Evergreen" the term used for the things that look like weird abortions from "The Batman" line?
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Is "Evergreen" the term used for the things that look like weird abortions from "The Batman" line?
    Yes, that's the one.

They aren't bad at all either.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester

I haven't bought one. They look pretty bad in the packages. I'm glad they're not, but I'm not going to find out for myself.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well remember Chux, it all comes down to our personal opinion.

The articulation on them is basic, but for what they are, I like them.