Page 135 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1431
  1. #1341
    Thanks to FB, my Alfred figure arrived yesterday. I combined the Bat-Signal, but maybe using my tv remote control batteries is generating insufficient electricity to get it to work, so I'll be purchasing some new batteries this evening. I've read several posts about the "hidden" button underneath it, but even pressing that didn't ignite the signal. I'll see whether the thing works at all later tonight.

    Apart from that, I finally got around to opening the Matty Black Friday/Cyber Monday boxes (first day of winter break gift) and two of the five final JLU sets I ordered came with severely bent cards. That doesn't concern me much, though, as the figures are intact. I didn't want to pay $30 for each set, much less the higher price for the 7-pack. Getting them all at substantially reduced rates was acceptable, though. I don't think I'll be paying the full price for the last of the final three packs on Monday's sale. I suspect it will eventually be offered for discounted prices. If it isn't, its loss won't mean that much to me.

  2. #1342
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/...atman-toy-line

    It's now been officially confirmed that we're going to see figures from the '60's Batman series.

    As much as I hate how Mattel handles things, I'm in for the whole lot of these. Even Aunt Harriet if made.

    Even if we get stuff like John Astin's version of the Riddler or False Face in later waves of figures.

    The prototype shown during this year's SDCC looks pretty damn good in fact. Sounds like Fall 2013.

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v9...ps8004fcbd.jpg
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

    AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

  3. #1343
    I would give both arms for a Louie the Lilac figure.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

  4. #1344
    Quote Originally Posted by Maradona View Post
    Thanks to FB, my Alfred figure arrived yesterday. I combined the Bat-Signal, but maybe using my tv remote control batteries is generating insufficient electricity to get it to work, so I'll be purchasing some new batteries this evening. I've read several posts about the "hidden" button underneath it, but even pressing that didn't ignite the signal. I'll see whether the thing works at all later tonight.

    Apart from that, I finally got around to opening the Matty Black Friday/Cyber Monday boxes (first day of winter break gift) and two of the five final JLU sets I ordered came with severely bent cards. That doesn't concern me much, though, as the figures are intact. I didn't want to pay $30 for each set, much less the higher price for the 7-pack. Getting them all at substantially reduced rates was acceptable, though. I don't think I'll be paying the full price for the last of the final three packs on Monday's sale. I suspect it will eventually be offered for discounted prices. If it isn't, its loss won't mean that much to me.
    But it's Toyman and Firefly and Dr. Destiny! JLU has been on the few lines where I feel compelled to have every character. Not counting repaints, I think I'm only missing Grundy.

    For those of you that collect Bat vehicles, Matchbox has a BAT in their die cast planes line that is somewhat in scale with the $8 range Bat vehicles (tumbler, various Batmobiles, bat copter and so forth).

  5. #1345
    Ugh, why did Mattel have to put out The Bat in their Matchbox line?!? That is way too confusing, I never would have thought to look there for it. I didn't even love the design, but now I gotta get one.


    Keen, '60s TV Batman figures, the sculpt on the sample there looks really good too. But nobody wants your arms, Chux!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  6. #1346
    Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    Ugh, why did Mattel have to put out The Bat in their Matchbox line?!? That is way too confusing, I never would have thought to look there for it. I didn't even love the design, but now I gotta get one.


    Keen, '60s TV Batman figures, the sculpt on the sample there looks really good too. But nobody wants your arms, Chux!
    It gets even more confusing! There is a .99 Hot Wheels version of the BAT as well an $8 Hot Wheel version that did not see wide release.

  7. #1347
    Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    It gets even more confusing! There is a .99 Hot Wheels version of the BAT as well an $8 Hot Wheel version that did not see wide release.
    I saw that, and the HW version isn't even as nice-looking IMO. I feel like Mattel is wasting their efforts on these scattorshot releases.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

  8. #1348
    The Matchbox Bat isn't too hard to find, though. It's a decent piece. It was a little strange that they released a Matchbox version, but not too out of left field since they did a previous Matchbox Batman release with a 1:64 version of the "Power Attack" Batmobile. It was first released in blue/red like the regular toy, but I recently found a repaint of it in metallic gray. Looks far better than the blue.

    http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...ps272a1e79.jpg

    There's also the Batmobile from "Batman Live" - http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-WHEELS-B...item416fad32c4
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

  9. #1349
    I'm awaiting Saint Walker's arrival from Matty. All will be well!!

  10. #1350
    I have been checking the Matchbox sections, no luck so far. I did however see in the DC Hot Wheels line at Target the new Joker and Mr. Freeze cars, the Mr Freeze is really good and I almost picked it up.

    Why would they put their new Batmobile in the Matchbox line? Are they trying to get collectors to buy into that line again? I don't like the design enough to troll through those pegs very often.

    Ugh, hadn't seen that Batman Live Batmobile before, what a lame design, that's what you get for letting formula-one designers do this sort of thing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

    "In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO