Page 136 of 144 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1431
    All is well - Saint Walker arrived. I love the Watchmen packaging. Not too thrilled with Netossa. She wasn't even low on the list for me, but a sub gives you even what you don't want.

Just a minor thing but I was hoping the blue on Walker would match that of Blue Lantern Flash.

That makes too much sense for Mattel. I did like the articulation at the wrists. Wasn't expecting that.

I found/bought a Robin car from the $3 Hot Wheels DC line. Also got 2 DC Lego sets - The Tumbler and BAT and the Batboat with Mr. Freeze and Aquaman.

I laughed pretty hard when I saw the Two-Face car. I hate when stories and spinoffs and products portray him as being obsessed with splitting things down the middle (Batman Forever was really guilty of this). He's obsessed with chance and the number two. Done properly (read: The Animated Series and most comics from around that time), he's one of the creepiest villains in superhero fiction. He can outclass the Joker at times, even. Done improperly, usually involving the fascination with designing things split down the middle, he turns into a poor man's version of the Riddler, who is usually so stupid and boring a villain that he doesn't even deserve mentioning among Batman's "real" enemies.

(The only good thing the Hush storyline had going for it, after they blew the entire "it's in his mind, and Jason's not dead" angle Loeb foreshadowed but apparently missed himself, was making the Riddler a credible foe for the first time in history. Of course, that got trashed soon after.)
    Tommy, close your eyes.

My take on the Hot Wheels line was that the cars were merely inspired by the look of the characters. I hardly think the intent was to imply that the characters would be driving around in personalized custom cars - Superman and Flash really have no need for cars. In that way, it really wouldn't have made sense for Mattel to produce a generic car and slap Two-Face on the package.

Yeah, they're not driving around in their own outfits as cars, that'd be silly. Then again, the Wonder Woman car has some nice lines.

Found entirely out of the blue at Target yesterday the Matchbox Air Raiders The Bat, and made it The Bought. The piece is surprisingly accurate, although the underside has a lot of sculpted text in it for copyright and such. The only inaccuracy is the underside of the thruster "claws" at the front which is a hollow design instead of filled, but it's very minor for something under $4, they even got the weird angle of the claws right. First, last, and only The Bat item I'll ever get, mainly because I think the design isn't all that good.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I think I might be the only one that likes the BAT design. I even bought the Lego Bat + Tumbler set though reading some reviews of it have me second guessing this purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by figrin bran View Post
    I think I might be the only one that likes the BAT design. I even bought the Lego Bat + Tumbler set though reading some reviews of it have me second guessing this purchase.
    I want to like The Bat design, but it's kind of nonsense when you realize it's an upside-down helicopter with tiny rotors, and borrows the upper armor look too heavily from The Tumbler.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Found/bought Batman Unlimited Penguin at Target today.

Also saw DC Unlimited Supes at TRU but didn't want to pay their 19.99 for a repaint. Which wasn't bad but not worth $20.