Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Now see - with gems like that it's easy to see that that's why JT's a moderator and us schmucks are merely members. Can you match such pearls of wisdom El Chuxter?

So now that's three moderators from CA... the thick plottens.....

Originally posted by master jedi
    Stormtroopers robots? What the...?
    I've never thought they were robots.
    I never ever thought they were robots either!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Talking

Which leads to an even better question:

What did our heros do with the bodies of the guys they shot up in the control room? We never see Han or Luke move them, yet nobody ever trips over them either? Hmm?

How about..... they put them in the storage compartments and dumped them later.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

If you want to take it a little further.....according to the SW visual dictionary, the officers you saw wearing black unforms with the black hats were stormtroopers out of armor. Only when there was a battle would they wear their white armor outfits. However, when I was a kid I didnt want to believe that they was human, but instead robots. So I can see where the confusion could be.
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Confession...... when I first saw ANH (first release) back in 1978, I thought they were robots to. I was only 8 years old though. Didn't take me too long to work it out though, think I was 9.
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

Wink

I too believed they were robots. Remember how poorly the sentry robots from The Black Hole shot? I figured that was why Stormtroopers couldn't hit anything. I just assumed that Han and Luke scooped out the wires and gears to get into the suits. I think Ben and Chewie ate the officers! Wookies need lots of calories, and Ben just doesn't get quality Coruscant dishes like he used to.
    "That's what Sheev said."

P.S. Yes, S.T.A.R. was quite the sharp-shooter in TBH, but he cheated! V.I.N.C.E.N.T. sure showed him!
    Two-barreled blasters rule!
    "That's what Sheev said."

Originally posted by The Bald Ewok
    If you want to take it a little further.....according to the SW visual dictionary, the officers you saw wearing black unforms with the black hats were stormtroopers out of armor. Only when there was a battle would they wear their white armor outfits. However, when I was a kid I didnt want to believe that they was human, but instead robots. So I can see where the confusion could be.
    I read that too, but then why are there garrisons upon garrsions of armor-clad Stormtroopers running around the Death Star after the Falcon lands and it's announced nobody's inside? There's no reason to be in armor at that point between the time it's announced that nobody's aboard to the time that Han has his boring conversation.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I never thought they were robots,but then again I didn't do a whole lot of thinking when I first saw Star Wars.I was in to it to deeply to wonder about those things.I to think that the stormtroopers need some training in marksmanship really bad.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."