Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I had the stormtrooper toys before I saw the movie, and I always used to think they were robots, until I read the comic. I used to pretend the "OII" on their back was a rocket pack, too. My stormtroopers could fly!!

As for the question of what Luke and Han did with the troopers they killed to get the armor (not to mention the hapless scanning crew, the answer is simple.

The scanning crew, their equipment and the remains of two Stormtroopers in their skivies were tossed into the same smuggling compartments that had previously allowed three humans, two droids and a Wookie to evade a cursory run through of the Falcon by Stormtroopers who could obviously think of fourteen dozen things they would rather be doing than walking the hallways of a captured freighter. That much is simple and really rather obvious.

What most don't know (as it does not appear anywhere in the tons of backstory that now exists for the Star Wars Universe is what role these poor departed soles played in the future of the trilogy.

You see, the smuggling compartments that Han never thought he'd have to smuggle himself within were, out of necessity, dangerously close to the better part of the hyperdrive motivator. When one has a hold full of spice stowed away in there, no big deal. Unfortunatly not only did no one trip over the bodies resulting from Han and Luke's rescue escapades, no one remembered that they were there at all! And so it was that many an unchronicled adventure took place after the departure from Yavin and the subsequent arrival on Hoth. Many months passed and depspite a distasteful scent unfairly blamed on Chewie, there was little to jog the memory of our heroes. And so it was that the decomposing remains of four former Imperial troops served to compromise the hyperdrive motivator on the Millenium Falcon, causing Han much frustration when he attempted to depart the Hoth system with Leia during the Rebel exodus. Though it was later discovered that the hyperdrive was in need of repairs, what C-3PO failed to understand was that the Falcon's computer was conveying news of the presence of rotted corpses in the smuggling hold. Furthermore, upon arrival on Cloud City, a crack team of Bespin mechanics and engineers set to work on the Falcon's hyperdrive and soon discovered the tragic secret. Mortified they chose to simply report to their superiors that the Falcon was fixed and ready to fly. In light of the arrival of Imperial troops earlier that week, the repair team decided to lie low on this one, prefering not reporting the remains to being detained indefinitely as witness for the Imperial Prosecution which had an infamous tendancy to "throw the baby out with the bathwater" and execute all parties involved in capital crimes, including their own star witnesses.

There you have it, an abbreviated version of one of my yarns from "Star Wars: Tales from the Background".

Dude, you one sick puppy! I never thought that the stormtroopers were robots as they move too like humans to be robots and their voices were too human. As to the captured Imperials, I reckoned that they simply awoke from there imposed unconsciousness and slipped from the falcon while the stormies were hunting the intruders and tiptoed back to their quarters un-noticed feeling foolish and red faced skulking around in their underoos while trying to think up a really really good excuse as to why they'd lost their armour and hadn't completed their duties. I had visions of one of them producing a note from his mother when confronted by vader to excuse him from *insert task of choice here... *

No, no, wait...

I meant, what happened to the guys that they killed in the control room? You know, when Chewy growls after the door opens. The head guy that is about to leave the room is shot immediately and presumably hits the floor. Our heros never move him or trip over him. The Stormtroopers later on don't take any notice either.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I had the stormtrooper toys before I saw the movie, and I always used to think they were robots, until I read the comic. I used to pretend the "OII" on their back was a rocket pack, too. My stormtroopers could fly!!
    I thought, and still think, that the section of the armor you're talking about is a socket for attaching specialty backpacks, so it's quite possible they ARE for rocketpacks. Since comics ain't canon, we may yet see something about this in the prequels.

"Tales from the Background" - TOO FUNNY!!! Great stuff, I loved it.

As for that poor fool who opened the control room door and his buddy, I think they ended up being dianoga-chow.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

But who put them there and when?

When Han and Chewie break into the control room, Chewie bashes the first officer sending him flying off and out of the way of the door. Han blasts the other officer. who presumably falls down also out of the way. Or he could've been moved by Chewie when he was off-camera.
    When the Stormtroopers blast into the control room, the leader says, "Take over, see to him." Pointing down to someone on the ground. I assume its the officer who Han blasted, maybe the one hit by Chewie was knocked so far out of the way that the Stormtroopers didn't notice him when they first walked in. He could have been crumpled up in the corner.

I understand this is really not what you wanted. So how about this: STAR WARS IS A STUPID MOVIE THAT NO ONE WITH HALF A BRAIN WOULD EVER LIKE SINCE THEY DON'T EVEN EXPLAIN EVERY SINGLE LITTLE MINUTE UNNECESSARY DETAIL. WHY WATCH A MOVIE THAT DOESN'T SPEND HOURS OF UNNECESSARY TIME COVERING UP PLOT HOLES?

There that better?

Lightbulb

As a kid, my "proof" that Stormtroopers were robots was the "OII" on their backs. My friends and I thought it was "Oll" (as in "oil" ), and that the packs were their fuel tanks.

But NOW I know the TRUTH. Ewoks are in those suits!
    "May the 4th be with you?" "Why yes, thank you for asking."

I meant, what happened to the guys that they killed in the control room? You know, when Chewy growls after the door opens. The head guy that is about to leave the room is shot immediately and presumably hits the floor. Our heros never move him or trip over him. The Stormtroopers later on don't take any notice either.
    Quite simple really...

Luke : "What about the bodies.....?"

Ben : "Don't worry young Luke, the Force will show us the way. But remember no disintegration..... oh dear. "

Han : "...oops."

Chewie : "doh!"
    [FONT=garamond]'Eternity is very long... especially towards the end.' - Woody Allen[/FONT]

I don't remember anyone saying "See to him" but it's been awhile. Thanks.