Why is it "Den-Gar"?

The English language uses a blended NG ("ing") the vast majority of the time. It would, hence, follow that the name Dengar should be pronounced "Deng-ar" as opposed to "Den-gar".

However....

I have never, ever in 30 plus years of Star Wars conversations heard anyone pronounce it like that.

My question is this: does anyone here pronounce it "Deng-ar"? How about "Deng-gar" (more like Eng-gland)? Anyone? I highly doubt it.

How come?
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

I've always pronounced it "din-gar" I've always just thought there was a syllable break between the 'n' and the 'g'.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I thought the rule for the "ng" sound was that it was only used that way if the root word ended in it, otherwise if it's followed by a vowel the "g" went with that vowel instead. Hence "den-gar". I mean, the guy's name is a play on "danger" and we don't say "dang-er" (there's a Jeff Foxworthy joke in there somewhere).
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Hmmm. That's yet another better pronunciation that I hadn't considered. Maybe it's supposed to be Denjar.

I've only ever said and heard it "den-gar" or "deng-gar" (pretty much the same, but a little more "ng" sound to it). I suppose technically it could be den-jar, but that certainly doesn't roll off the tongue IMO, I think because the higher vowel sound is second rather than first.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Because that's what his momma named him. Are you insulting Dengar's momma? 'Cause he'll shoot you in the butt if you are!
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Oh sure, bring his orientation into this. Every other Bounty Hunter does, so why not the community of SW fans?

Bounty Hunters are a notoriously hard group to be different in, Chux. Dengar's been teased for so long, and internalized so much pain over the years that it's YOU who better stay seated when he's around, not me.