Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Need info on ESB Scene

Can someone please point me to a reputable source that says indeed that the "whatever" Threepio encountered in the Cloud City room when he gets shot was a stormtrooper. I tend not to believe this because it doesn't even sound like one, sounds more like some kind of alien.

Thanks
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Try finding scripts online. They might have it in there. Also, when 3PO gets turned back on, he says, Stormtrooeprs, here, I must tell the others.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

It does not say that in the script, only that it's a man's voice:
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium] Threepio stops, watching the silver droid move away. Then
    he hears the muffled beeping and whistling of an R2 unit
    coming from within the room.

INTERIOR: CLOUD CITY -- ANTEROOM

Curious, Threepio enters the room.

THREEPIO: That sounds like an R2 unit in there. I wonder if...

Threepio walks through the doorway to the main room. He
    looks in.

THREEPIO: Hello? How interesting. Oh, my.

MAN'S VOICE: (from within) Who are you?

THREEPIO: Oh, I'm terribly sorry. I...I didn't mean to intrude. No,
    no, please don't get up. No!

A laser bolt to Threepio's chest sends him flying in twenty
    directions. Smoldering mechanical arms and legs bounce off the
    walls as the door whooshes closed behind him.[/FONT]
    Until Lucas butchered the OT, I always liked the idea that it was Boba Fett who blasted him, it kinda sounds like Fett's original voice, and Stormtroopers can't hit the broad side of a barn in their first shot, nor would they likely recognize C-3PO from any other protocol droid. But yeah, 3PO does say there are stormtroopers, so he saw them.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    I always liked the idea that it was Boba Fett who blasted him, it kinda sounds like Fett's original voice, and Stormtroopers can't hit the broad side of a barn in their first shot, nor would they likely recognize C-3PO from any other protocol droid. But yeah, 3PO does say there are stormtroopers, so he saw them.
    This is what I always thought...the Boba Fett theory and I still lean toward that. Perhaps Stormtroopers were hanging out in that room, but that voice is not a stormtrooper sounding voice at all.

Thanks guys for the help

Anymore theories, thoughts or truths would be great to see.

I've always assumed that it was a Stormtrooper who blasted Threepio purely based on his dialogue once reactivated by Chewie.

THREEPIO
    Stormtroopers here! I have to warn the others. Oh no, I've been shot!

That more than clearly shows that Threepio saw Stormtroopers just before he was deactivated (by the blaster) as he was "catching up" when Chewie plugged him back in. The voice isn't electronic as we've heard Troopers in the past, but because of what Threepio says, it is safe to assume that Threepio inadvertently ran into some Troopers who were lounging around with their helmets off (which explains the voice).

To me, it's clear that it was Stormtroopers that Threepio saw and it was the very same who blasted him.

Maybe the Stormtrooper had his helmet off?

Which would account for the lack of the usual voice effect.
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Maybe the Stormtrooper had his helmet off?

Which would account for the lack of the usual voice effect.
    That's what I've always thought.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

They should have used Jango's voice to clear this all up.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    They should have used Jango's voice to clear this all up.
    The "Deuce" is not very proud of you right now

I've heard of the 'helmet' off thing too but it still is not a voice that seems befitting an imperial officer

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic View Post
    The "Deuce" is not very proud of you right now

I've heard of the 'helmet' off thing too but it still is not a voice that seems befitting an imperial officer
    It's not an officer. Just a random Trooper who is kicking back on his off-time. He had his helmet off, but enough armor on to let Threepio know that there were Stormtroopers on Bespin. That was the story info that he gave us (too late) when Chewie plugged him back in.