Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Death Star robots

I am kind of new to the Star War scene. I saw it on video at a birthday party when I was a kid and a few years ago in the movies with the special edition version. I still have one pressing question on my mind. How did Han Solo and Luke Skywalker get into the bodies of the stormtrooper robots when they took Chewy to the detention center.
    Someone at that party was talking about the stormtrooper robots and that is the only one of the movies that someone wears their shell. Can someone who knows more of Star Wars than me tell me what happened? I heard from a guy at work that theres lots of books now, but I have not found any yet.

ARE YOU FOR REAL? Please tell me you really are just not clued up about star wars...

Hmmm. okay.. I'll let you into a little known secret......There are people inside those stormtrooper suits, they're soldiers, they aren't robots...... But don't tell everyone or we'll have a mob riot on our hands!

The rumour is that the stormtroopers are really just a cloned army. But we don't have concrete proof of that until the new movie comes out.

If this is just a wind up I shall be terribly terribly cross.
    Last edited by Jargo; 08-22-2001 at 02:28 PM.

Quite right, Emperor Jargo!

Senor Duck... they are just soldiers in armour! Glad you asked the question... it will most likely help others!

Now you know something you didn't know before you asked!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 08-22-2001 at 08:27 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Arrow

By the way Mr. Duck, a rebel wears a stormtropper uniform in Return of the Jedi.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Mr Duck, I'm sure there's not a single person here who didn't think Stormtroopers were robots at one point.

As for books, there are indeed a lot of them. Most can be found or ordered at your local bookstore or online. A few, though, are out of print (such as the kids' horror series Galaxy of Fear, which is quite a chore to track down in its entirety). If you're just starting out, I'd recommend The Star Wars Visual Dictionary (which can be found on clearance through many retailers). It's not the most comprehensive reference book out there, but it includes quite a bit of info on the Stormtroopers. Also check out the Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin (The Paradise Snare, The Hutt Gambit, and Rebel Dawn), which tell of Han Solo's origins, Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy (Heir to the Empire, Dark Force Rising, and The Last Command), which were the first post-Jedi novels and take place five years after Return of the Jedi.

The other books vary in quality from excellent to bantha poodoo. There's generally quite a bit of discussion under the Comics & Books section of this very forum as to the quality of different books.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    Mr Duck, I'm sure there's not a single person here who didn't think Stormtroopers were robots at one point.
    I never thought they were robots.

You lie, Liar McLiar.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Stormtroopers robots? What the...?
    I've never thought they were robots.
    PickADuck, I sure hope you were getting confused with darktroopers.

Originally posted by Grif
    By the way Mr. Duck, a rebel wears a stormtropper uniform in Return of the Jedi.
    That's a scout trooper uniform, actually.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Angry

I know. I may be dumb but I am not stupid.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.