Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

eBay auction for cut-away Obi ROTS / ANH saber

A friend emailed me the link and I thought I'd pass it on to you guys. I think it looks really good from the way t looks to the fictional way it 'works'. Check it out!
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

That's one of the coolest things I have seen. What a craftsman! I wish I had the cash to steal this one. I only wonder why the guy is letting it go?
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    That's one of the coolest things I have seen. What a craftsman! I wish I had the cash to steal this one. I only wonder why the guy is letting it go?
    PErhaps hes built one/plans to build a second for himself.

But i have to agree, that is incredibly awesome. But I don't even have enough for Master Replica's full scale, let alone that much =/

*stares at pretty pictures*
    ~Umbra: Light is only a shadow cast by the darkness of the stars

Defintely pretty sweet. I recall seeing something of this sort but done with a Luke saber. Great craftsmanship too.

At almost $1,500 this guy can just buy another Obi-Wan saber and make another one.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

That is really nifty, one of the coolest things I've seen in quite a while, if I had the money I'd definitely buy a piece like this. And it's all to sell the notion of the spinning blades that they abandoned by rotoscoping over (a few shots with them still survive, but you can't really make out that they're spinning), I only wish I was that dedicated to put something this exciting together.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thats looks f'n sweet! That definatly took a lot of work. That guy is gonna earn the money that auction fetches.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Holy carp!! I don't know if anyone else had checked the auction again but it ended up selling for $2,600!!!!
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slicker
    Holy carp!! I don't know if anyone else had checked the auction again but it ended up selling for $2,600!!!!
    Hell if I had one I'd sell it for that as well.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I'm just surprised at the price because he basically TELLS you how he made it. I'm sorry but I wouldn't pay that much for someone's custom saber. I'd get off my lazy *** and make one for 1/10 of that cost at most.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

A lot of folks don't have the talent, tools, or materials to make something like this. I'm not surprised it went for so much, it's something a lot of fans have given thought to and, until this, none had done themselves to this degree.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.