Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The 25 Worst Tech Products of All Time

This is a great article put out by PC World. Can you all guess what #1 is? I know I can. This is actually very informative... and scary.

The List
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

#1 is damn true. Whho the hell would want a wearable DVD player?
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

haha! i should've known THAT entity which shall remain nameless (especially since it shares initials with another entity we've come to dislike over the past 2 months or so) got the #1 spot.
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

AOL deserves much, much (much) hate.

I'm surprised that the Packard Bell PC (circa 1994) didn't make the list at all. They were total crap, and so many people (me, my friends and family) were suckered into buying them. Though I suppose I never would have learned how to dismantle and rebuild a PC if it wasn't for Packard Bell.
    plasticfetish.net

Quote Originally Posted by plasticfetish
    AOL deserves much, much (much) hate.

So much I decicated a thread to them a few years back...

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/sho...highlight=hell
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

I hope I didn't play any Sony BMG CDs on my computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    Whho the hell would want a wearable DVD player?
    Not a clue.

Softram - I always new that product was complete and utter crap and I was glad to see it rank high on the list.
    "That's the best deal you're gonna get. I won't tell you you can save yourself, because you can't."

Some of those are pretty funny. I'm surprised the Apple round mouse only a (dis)honorable mention. That thing was terrible. Several of the PC only items I hadn't heard of. Oh well, they're dead and gone.
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

AOL is perfect for #1, I've been on the web professionally for 10 years and have heard more problems from AOL users than any other combined, plus some of those who stick with it end up somehow mentally-challenged, AOL users can be the worst when trying to figure out why they can't get such-and-such to work (usually because they didn't know they had to CLICK A LINK!!!!)

Real Player is a sad story, they had a great product at first and turned it into a real disaster, I don't even have Real on my computer at all at this point.

Windows ME, I knew better and watched as friends suffered problems for years, one friend lost EVERYTHING on his computer.

I love the part about IE6, as it's STILL a friggin' disaster.

I have a Zip drive on my old computer, never had any problems with it, never heard of anybody who did either.

I remember the OQO mini computer, it looked cool in theory but the price was ridiculous, I'm not surprised it turned out to be a turd.

Wearable DVD player, hilarious!

Apple game console? Wow, that's totally new to me, something I would have taken notice of too. Must be a real loser.

Besides the Digiscents Ismell, another company tried to make a flavor version of the concept, download flavors onto a wafer! That never caught on either.

The Sharp RD3D Notebook sounds kinda cool, 3-D effect without glasses, it's too bad it didn't work quite right.

Haw haw, the Newton sucks!

Another lame product, the Puck mouse is behated by me.

I remember the Circuit City DiVX DVD players, I ragged on them since pretty much the moment I heard about them, and NEVER stopped.

Funny how the Motorola Rokr is on there, it JUST came out.

I was enamored with the idea of the Timex Data Link watch, thought about getting one even.

Remember what I said about AOL and its users? WebTV is like that but more laugh-inducing.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I have AOL . . . it's not great. We keep meaning to change but never do.

I had Windows ME up until about six months ago; when it was on the computer, we lost everything about three times or so, and XP works a hell of a lot better.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram