Page 1 of 300 123451151101 ... LastLast

The SW Best/Worst figure poll 1995 - 2007

Welcome one and all to Star Wars Best/Worst figure poll. This poll will cover every action figure from 1995 - current day, which means this thread should last into 2007. I will update this post weekly with a new wave or group. After posting a years worth of figures an elimination round will occur to narrow down the worst and best of that year. By the end of the poll there will be one Worst fig, and one Best fig determined by your votes!

Figure voting criteria
    Figures included will be carded, deluxe, exclusives, repaints, like: Imperial Scanning Trooper (Millennium Falcon Carry 1998) and Imperial Scanning Trooper (OTC 2004), retools, like: Han Solo (Commtech 1999), and Han Solo (SAGA 2006), and resculpts, like: Hammerhead (POTF 1996), Hammerhead (Cantina Bar Set - 2002), and Hammerhead (SAGA 2006). Figures that will not be included are rehashes, like: Red Shock Trooper (ROTS: 2005) and Red Shock Trooper (GREATEST HITS 2006). The way I see it is that a package does not make a new figure. Instead, a new figure is indeed a new figure in some sort of way.

Here are some requests to make this poll easier.
    1. Make sure the figure you vote for is clearly stated so it is easier for me to poll. When THE DARTH VADER and I had done a poll like this in the past some folks would talk about a figure, but would not specify that they were voting for it.
    2. Multiple votes for one figure are not allowed.
    3. Changing your vote after you post is fine if you need to.
    4. Vote for figures that are listed on the thread! Don’t jump forward! For instance if we’re voting on the POTJ collection (2000 - 2002) and someone chimes in to say that Agen Kolar (ROTS 2005) is the best fig of all time that will not be considered a part of the poll.
    5. If you missed voting on earlier waves, it is fine for you to list the figures you want to vote for. I will integrate them into the poll results. This way if you were not here from the start of the poll you can still have a say on every figure if you want.

So now lets begin The Star Wars Best/Worst figure poll.
    After 11 months The BEST/WORST figure poll is still going strong.

Our first set of figures was released in July 1995. The first Orange POTF wave began with bulging muscles and a male looking Leia. Most of the figures were easy to find with the exception of Leia, which was not very easy to find until late 1996. This wave is notoriously known for long sabers, transition trays, and 2 or 3 line belt Leia. In fact, the Orange POTF packaging and figures had the most variants of any other Star Wars line to date. This fact suggests to me that the variants were done on purpose to generate excitement for the line, or was a direct result of “birthing pains“ in getting the kinks out of the line. In the end we will never know and speculation abounds, but one thing was for sure. Star Wars was back!

July 1995: Orange carded
    POTF: Luke Skywalker
    POTF: Darth Vader
    POTF: R2-D2
    POTF: Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
    POTF: Han Solo
    POTF: Chewbacca
    POTF: Stormtrooper
    POTF: C-3PO
    POTF: Princess Leia Organa

Who is your vote for the Best and the Worst of this wave?

If I look at this line in todays standards it doesn't really stand up, but back then I was psyched by this wave. However even then it didn't look quite right.

Luke Skywalker - What was his grappling hook gun, and what was with those muscles. I heard Arnold S was jealous of this fig!
    Darth Vader - Actually this fig looked incredible at that time, and stood up for some time to come. Even now it doesn't look too bad!
    R2-D2 - An R2 without sticker detail. No Waaaayyy! This fig really looked cool, and with a retractable third leg to boot!
    Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi - Ben was a pretty neat figure. Still he had a hard time standing.
    Han Solo - Another muscle fig. What is going on with his huge shoulders. I heard Ren the chiwawa bided on his huge pectoral muscles!
    Chewbacca - Like all of the new figs I could appreciate that they were very different from the vintage figs. Chewbacca is especially noteworthy, although he was not my favorite of this bunch.
    Stormtrooper - This fig still is a good pick for army building. It can efficiently be used behind the VOTC and POTF2 Stormtroopers without standing out too much.
    C-3PO - This fig was fine. I wasn't overly impressed with it, nor was I unimpressed with it.
    Princess Leia Organa - From what monstrous factory did this beast come from. I can see some sculpter screaming in the shadows. IT'S ALIVE, IT'S ALIVE!

Best of this Wave - R2-D2

Worst of this Wave - That Princess that starred in the Fifth Element!

Worst - Monkey Faced Leia

Best - Chewie and R2 look the best of this line. I will go with Chewie here.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Its funny for a figure that everyone was searching for that Leia is now the bottom of the pile. But I think I'm going to go with Luke for the worst pick here. Aside from the outfit being correct there is nothing accurate about this figure. For the best I will have to say R2-D2. Easily the figure that can stand the best with today's figures.
    More is more. Less is less, Twice as much is good too,
    Too much is never enough except when it's just about right.
    People who have helped me out: DarthChuckMc, msjedi, bobafett07728, jjreason, dr_evazan22

Best: R2
    Worst: Princess "That's no woman, it's a man, baby" Leia.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Best - R2-D2 - He had the closest to the correct articulation and sculpt as any of the figures in the wave.

Worst - I would say all the others except C-3PO, but I have to choose one...so it would be Luke because of all the unforgiveable lousy articulation, accessories and sculpt, it affected his character the most.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

BEST- Stormtrooper

WORST- Leia
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

BEST - Stormtrooper (with Artoo a close, close second)

WORST - Princess Leia (and not even because of the sculpt, but because she couldn't stand up. If my vote was strictly sculpt based I would vote Luke because he is horrible...but at least he can stand up).

BEST R2-D2
    WORST Leia
    One way to out think people is to make them think you think they'll think what you are not really trying to get them to think what you think.