Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What Comics would you like to see turned into t.v series

My picks:

Y: The Last Man
    Yes I Know Brian k Vaughn is working on the screenplay for a film version but wouldn't it work better as a HBO series.

Preacher
    With the film version seemingly dead, Please god HBO will pull their finger out and put this into production as their new tentpole series to replace Sopranos.

The Walking Dead
    Enough with zombie films lets have some small screen zombie madness, and there's no better source material to base it on then Robert Kirkmans Walking Dead.

Gothom Central
    Would make a great show in the mould of NYPD Blue and The Shield but with superhero's

The Legion of Super Heroes from the DC Adventure comics. Superboy's friends from the future. Including Invisible Kid, Karate Kid, Saturn Girl, Ferro Lad, Brainiac 5, Chameleon Boy, Bouncing Boy, Element Lad, Colossal Boy, Sun Boy, Timber Wolf, Monel, Star Boy, Matter-Eater-Lad, Shadow Lass, Lightning Lad,etc. So many cool characters with neat, but different powers, except for Lighting Lass, Lightning Lad's sister. Better yet make a movie.

I think The Punisher could be awesome (and even awesomer if it were on cable).
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I'd like to see Batman. No, seriously. How many Batman shows have there been? And how many didn't suck? Three. Batman: The Animated Series, Batman Beyond, and Justice League. All gone now. And they try to shove crap like The Bat-Man down our throats. That show makes me want to vomit. Do the guy justice, and do it in live action this time. Oh, and no "K-POW! SOCK! WHAM!" sound effects.

Batman and Superman are the two most iconic comic book heroes around. And we saw with The Flash how a great comic-based TV series involving lots of super powers could crush itself under its own budget constraints. Batman would need only lots of fights, a few suits, and a lot of makeup effects. No flight, no super speed, nothing that looks cheesy if done on a tighter budget (a la Lois & Clark).

Many other Gotham characters could do well. Imagine a "second-stringer" hero like Huntress or Azrael or Anarky or even Nightwing in their own show. Or the Gotham PD suggestion would work pretty well, too.
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 06-03-2006 at 12:25 AM.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Live Action:
    It's been bandied about for some time, but The Watchmen would be a great TV multi-part series (uh, I think 12 episodes maybe). Another needs-to-be-on-cable one, of course.

I think maybe The Avengers has possibilities with its wide range of heroes. Some recognizable by most of the non-comics public (Hulk), some maybe known (Capt. America, Thor), plus others less-widely known (Ant/Giant Man, Hawkeye, Vision, SubMariner, et al).

Cartoons:
    Any one! Except Adolescent Radioactive Black Belt Hamsters.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Well I'd pipe up about Rising Stars - but it looks very much like the upcoming "Heroes" (from one of the networks, set for release this fall) is using a similar plot. It's going to be a live action drama apparently, so I'm going to give it a try.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    Many other Gotham characters could do well. Imagine a "second-stringer" hero like Huntress or Azrael or Anarky or even Nightwing in their own show. Or the Gotham PD suggestion would work pretty well, too.
    Wasn't Huntress one of the characters in the Birds of Prey TV series? I liked that show, but it didn't last too long.

Yes, sort of, but not really. She was called "Huntress," but she wasn't accurate. I hated that show, because it was so godawful low-budget cheesy, and because it bore little resemblance to the excellent comic it stole the title from.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

El Chuxter Yes, sort of, but not really. She was called "Huntress," but she wasn't accurate. I hated that show, because it was so godawful low-budget cheesy, and because it bore little resemblance to the excellent comic it stole the title from.
    What I can't wrap my head around is why they keep seeming to pick the most obscure characters to base t.v series around. I mean how many people beyond comic geeks ever heard of the Huntress ,Oracle or Black Canery certainly not me not back then anyway, in the absence of a big name Character you need a big name behind the scenes a Joss whedon a JMS this show had neither and was thus doomed from the start.