Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

What happened to the other Imperial ships at Endor?

Remember that bigass fleet that was keeping the Rebels from escaping? Granted, the rebs took out the flagship, but there was still a LOT of Imperial Star Destroyers there before the Death Star II exploded, yet the movie acts like they just kinda disappeared.

Did they retreat like wusses, get caught in the blast wave, go all confused and crash into each other?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

According to EU (and early EU at that: Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy), Pellaeon, the second highest ranking officer after Piett, called for a retreat after the Executor was destroyed and it became clear the Death Star itself was at risk.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Retcon, for sure. Of course, in the EU, the Imp fleet causes trouble for years to come while ROTJ makes it feel like they just got blinked out (except for that 1 stormtrooper on Coruscant, he's the last bastion of the Galactic Empire... "Let's stop those rebelling civilians guys, come on! Wait, where did you guys go? Guys?" )
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    According to EU (and early EU at that: Zahn's Thrawn Trilogy), Pellaeon, the second highest ranking officer after Piett, called for a retreat after the Executor was destroyed and it became clear the Death Star itself was at risk.
    That makes sense and actually sounds like one of the few PU...er...I mean EU pieces that I could believe.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I thought they waited til the DS was blown up then trailed off in despair, never to be seen again????
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

The Thrawn Trilogy is actually pretty faithful, and it wasn't bogged down by having to conform to a bunch of pre-existing backstory - it started the whole EU thing. I'm no fan of EU, but I'd recommend those 3 books to anyone - even Jodi (my wife) read and enjoyed them.
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jjreason
    The Thrawn Trilogy is actually pretty faithful, and it wasn't bogged down by having to conform to a bunch of pre-existing backstory - it started the whole EU thing. I'm no fan of EU, but I'd recommend those 3 books to anyone - even Jodi (my wife) read and enjoyed them.
    Yup Mr. Zahn is the one who we should blame for all the EU carp.

Zahn had me at hello but then lost me with Jorus C'Baoth, Luuke, and the Clone Emperor.

Clone Emperor being the most serious offense IMO.

The Clone Emperor was from the Dark Empire comic series, which also brought back Boba Fett, and which sort of sucked but had nifty, albeit inappropriate for SW, artwork by Cam Kennedy.

The name of the writer of Dark Empire escapes me, but he's the same guy who said that Greedo was ground up by Wuher to make a delicious beverage (likely involving dark chocolate and white milk) for Jabba, and the other bounty hunters held a funeral for his head a few weeks later.

Yeah, he's a douchebag.

Zahn didn't touch the Clone Emperor issue until much later, when his Hand of Thrawn Duology sort of wrapped up all of Bantam's books, and Mara Jade said she never believed it was actually the Emperor. Between the Delicious Greedo Beverage Guy and Mara Jade, I'm going with the smoking redhead.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Dark Empire was by Tom Veitch, and as was said, Cam Kennedy. Tom & Marth Veitch wrote "A Hunter's Fate: Greedo's Tale" in Tales From The Mos Eisley Cantina. However, I think it was "Be Still My Heart: The Bartender's Tale" by David Bischoff that told of Greedo becoming a beverage ingredient.