Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

San Diego Comic Con 2006

Ive herd little to no disscusion about it. I reg on friday and im stoked!
    - "Go ahead, keep 'em carded. Chicks totally respect a guy who doesn't even have the nerve to open a toy." - "Scalp all you want; we'll make more."

Reason there's been little discussion is probably because they've not yet released the progamming schedule. I'm still undecided as to which day I plan to go, but it'll either be Fri. or Sat. (I've always gone on Sats. due to my personal schedule, which for the first time in ages is open that whole weekend).

Has anyone read how much the SDCC exclusive Han blaster from Master Replicas will set buyers back?
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I'll be there all 4 and half days! Can't wait! We should all plan to meet up somehow. I know I'll be hangin with my homie Tycho and I can't wait to see you my dear
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

I'm definitely going to be there, but I've seen hide nor hair of any sort of schedule. Seems like pretty short notice, given that it's only a month off.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Yeah my friends and I were just discussing that, plus none of us has received our tickets in the mail but I guess they are redoing their entire computer system and a new way for us to get tickets...? They had better hurry. Chux, I better see you there! And that's no bull
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleic
    Yeah my friends and I were just discussing that, plus none of us has received our tickets in the mail but I guess they are redoing their entire computer system and a new way for us to get tickets...? They had better hurry. Chux, I better see you there! And that's no bull
    I thought I read that they don't send tickets out, that you pick them up at the Convention Center. Last year, you went to the computers, typed in your soon-to-be-stolen-identity information and got your ID badge. I'd figure it's close to that again this year, but info is hard to come by so far.

As far as meeting, we'd have to know what each of us looks like. I'll be in the orange tux-and-tails with walking stick, handing out C-notes to all my peeps at the ski lodge. Kidding. But I can't wear my Pope John Paul 2 hat anymore, as it's no longer a funny gag.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

I arrived home today to find my tickets in the mailbox! (And the X-Wing Omnibus and first Legacy novel on my doorstep! Jackpot!!)

Still no info on the website about programming, though. I think it's reasonable to guess that, with the teaser dropping a few weeks before and given the huge semi truck they had with nothing else to show, there will be something pretty spectacular involving the Transformers movie.

What else?

I wouldn't doubt some real info on Spidey 3. Maybe Pirates 3, too.

Now that Disney and Pixar are friends again, and Mr Lasseter is bringing the animation department back into reality and out of the pockets of corporate hucksters, I'd be surprised if we don't get some pretty earth-shattering news about future projects. (Pixar's been quite mum on what they're doing post-Cars, which isn't like them. I'm guessing Toy Story 3, which is basically confirmed, or The Incredibles 2.)

Oh, and Rob Liefeld will probably be there again. All of us can take turns distracting him while another kicks him in the shins.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

I look forward to hanging out with all of you again (Deoxy, Chuxter, et all).

I'll be a little worse for wear this year, as you might expect. That may mean I'll have to rest a lot or pick and choose times to go home and take naps.

Of priority for me are:

Superman Stuff including anything Smallville
    Transformers stuff
    Master Replicas Party (and their display area of course!)
    Hasbro's Star Wars presentation, no doubt
    any Star Trek news (DS/AA Toys, plus Paramount announcements)
    Dark Horse Star Wars
    Del Rey Star Wars
    Taking crazy pictures with costumed characters when I can
    The Masquerade Ball on Saturday night

I am an idiot, I posted to the 2005 thread without paying attention! Let's try it in the correct thread.

Is there anyone going who would be interested in picking up the 501 trooper and the SW freebies for me? I would pay for the figure, shipping, and a few dollars for your trouble. Help me those attending SDCC, your my only hope...
    "For I am Palpatine, king of all I see,
    but I don't see enough
    that's the problem with me."

I'm going on Preview night and probably Sat. I really want that GG Shocktrooper, so if any of you guys can help that would be great. These busts are crazy to get.

So is there going to be a SSG get to gether? On the badge I put my user id on it, so you guys will see it's me. Also I remember last years or was it the years fore some one made up a printable SSG badge. I remember it looking really cool.

Anyways hope to see a few of you!

I will get a few 501 and when I get home I'll post that i have them or not.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)