Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Who would be good candidates for Star Tours figures?

If only Star Tours Kris's site was around for pic reference. My thoughts are that so far the line has had 4 waves with 3 droids in each wave. While the line has only included droids up to this point, there is room for expanding the line. There are still unproduced droids, other characters from the ride que, and characters that appear in the pre-ride video as well as charcters from the ride itself.

1. I would like to see the orange version of R3-D3. We got R3-D3 on the POTJ ST card, the droid is an astromech and has a clear dome. This would be an easy one for Hasbro since the only difference I can tell is the body is orange instead of blue.

2. R2-D2 & C3-P0 are featured prominantly in the que, but haven't been released in the Star Tours line. There are tons of molds out for both of these figures, just slap them on a Star Tours card

3. Admiral Ackbar (Mon Calamari). They're in the control booth of the que. There are molds on both of these. Cheap& easy

4. Generic x-wing pilot from ride movie. Use one from y-wing or somethiing and repaint the helmet to reflect the ride video, would be awesome.

5. Ree-yees. Seen in pre-ride move with camera. Re-pack POTF-2 figure give camera accessory, easy.

6. Teek, yes we want him

There are others to be named, these are my thoughts, what are yours?
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

You know before I even say it who I want. He may be a 2-foot ball of fuzz with bad teeth, but I'd pay $10 (or even $15) in a heartbeat for Teek.

Ree Yees would be an excellent choice, too, since so many people missed him the first time.

There are several other Ewoks (including, IIRC, Chuka-Trokh) seen in the safety video. You can never have enough Ewoks.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

That lady during the boarding film with the crazy Mickey Mouse hair.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    That lady during the boarding film with the crazy Mickey Mouse hair.
    Before I even read your post that's who I thought of! Bad figure choice I am sure, but everytime she does the boarding video, I crack up...classic 80's!
    Definately Ree Yees with the triple eye camera accessory and whoever was smoking! Teeks' a given!
    Oh and a 3/4 scale Starspeeder!

Oh I forgot Ira Keeler. He's an ILM model maker and is credited on IMDB as "Ira Keeler .... Man who ducks under desk at end of 'ride" (uncredited)"
    That's pretty cool, I love that guy!

[QUOTE=K M Toydarian]Oh and a 3/4 scale Starspeeder!QUOTE]

Yes I would definately love to see a scaled version of the airspeeder. As far as figures..... perhaps a blasted version of R2-D2. I know he doesn't get blasted on the ride but at least we will have a figure that perhaps looks similair to R2 at the end of ANH. C-3PO with the large control panel. Unfortunately Threepio is a hard figure to give any accessories to since he doesn't have any but I think a recast of the ROTS version Threepio with a repainted silver leg and a large control panel would be cool.
    Ree-Yees sound decent, not sure about Teek. As far as the Mon Calamari, could be cool if they redid the Mon Calamari Technician figure. The generic X-Wing pilot could work also, but for $10 a pop I'm thinking they should us at least the Dutch Vander style figure with a new head sculpt. would be great if they used the VOTC luke sculpt, but I'm thinking that Hasbro will most likely opt for a rehash of either the red leader figure or the generic y-wing pilot.
    Looking for CW 2010 Sidious and TX-20...if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated. thanks

How bout those maintence guys that duck down just as your about to hit them?
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush

Quote Originally Posted by mastermatt24
    How bout those maintence guys that duck down just as your about to hit them?
    I agree he would amake another great choice for a figure.

I've always thought a bigger Starspeeder would be a cool toy, plus would probably sell decently to not only Star Wars fans, but kids that get a toy from the parks. To get one to scale wouldn't be possible, but I'd settle for an unscaled version that could accomidate a few 3 3/4" figues/droids

There are also as mentioned above alot of good candidates from the pre-show movies as well. Who wouldn't like an ewok two pack or a Star Tours carded chewie (someone has to get annoyed after Ree Yees uses his camera!)

Plus there are other droids from Tokyo, and Paris needing to be made.
    Hasbro, Wuher needs help, bring us Ackmena http://www.petitiononline.com/Ackmena/petition.html

Kenobi must be the Smith or Johnson of Tatooine

They should make a figure of the ride employees.
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Star Tours exclusive Sha-nay-nay and Margarita with extensive cleaing supplies would be some figures that I could probabaly pass up!
    hurray for birthdays!

http://www.myspace.com/MattGush