Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hasbro's Answers to SSG's Questions - June 9th

Hasbro's Answers to SSG's Questions

Hasbro answered all of the questions we sent in a week ago, and here come the results.

Thanks to all the folks who sent in questions and the handful that actually voted last week.

Let's get to Hasbro's answers:

Q: Are there more new Vintage-Style figures coming, and if so, when can we expect them?

A: Not in 2006, but we're looking at what opportunities might exist for expanding the Vintage figure assortment in 2007.

Q: Will we be seeing more figures from the Expanded Universe, especially characters beyond just clonetrooper repaints?

A: Yes. There are great characters in the Expanded Universe and we plan to include some of these in 2007. Stay tuned!

Q: Have you considered new playset ideas, especially modular playsets so collectors can build larger playsets from smaller sets?

A: A scaling playset is a great idea. There has been a lot of discussion internally on whether this could be successful in today's market. However, we continue to see diminished demand for playsets. If we ever see the landscape changing, it's something we could take a look at in the future.

Check out ActionFigs.com for their Hasbro Q&A.
    Last edited by JediTricks; 06-09-2006 at 04:35 PM.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This could be an interesting weekly thing if it keeps going.

Hey, I'm not Hasbro's PR department, you don't have to apologize for negativity if you feel that way. I'm actually surprised we got any responses of any "future release" items, however vague the answers were.

Rebelscum posted the same questions and the same answers, so my question is, did Hasbro answer our three questions and not Rebelscums, or were the same three questions somehow asked by both sites?
    If you look more carefully, RS's questions are not all the same as ours, there's 1 question that was the same and 1 question that was similar, and on both, Hasbro's answers were different for each site.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I actually went back and read them again JediTricks, noticed that the questions were different, and realized I was projecting my negativity onto what was happening. I tried to delete my post, realized you can't delete a post, edited it to be bland and say nothing, then saw that you had already replied. Now there's the odd quality of you having responded to a post that is no longer there. My bad.

Having surfed several sites, I did see that most of the answers are what I predicted: no, not at this time, we aren't ruling anything out, and maybe. I'd love to see, "When will the Tonnikas be released?" and they'd answer, "February, 2007".

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    Hey, I'm not Hasbro's PR department, you don't have to apologize for negativity if you feel that way. I'm actually surprised we got any responses of any "future release" items, however vague the answers were.

If you look more carefully, RS's questions are not all the same as ours, there's 1 question that was the same and 1 question that was similar, and on both, Hasbro's answers were different for each site.
    Frankly, I am not at all surprised that some of the questions were the same. How could they not be? I mean, people are extremely interested in the Vintage line and EU stuff. It's only natural that both sites submitted similar questions.

I am bummed to hear that no more vintage are coming this fall. But I am greatful to at least be in the know on that and am happy to hear that there will be more in the spring.

Regarding the playset info -- Somebody should tell Hasbro that the declining interest in playsets probably has more to do with how lame the last few playsets have been. Had they been half as cool as what many people come up with in our threads, then they would sell. Seriously.

I'm just hoping the rep is looking at all these questions, scratching his beard, and saying, "Hmmm, everyone is asking the same thing! Perhaps there's real interest in _______!!"
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I'm just hoping the rep is looking at all these questions, scratching his beard, and saying, "Hmmm, everyone is asking the same thing! Perhaps there's real interest in _______!!"
    Yeah. I had the same exact thought. At first, I was like: "gee, too bad there was such overlap between the two batches of questions. . ." But then I thought: "Hmmmm, maybe this will be useful in driving certain points home!"

Quote Originally Posted by mark2d2
    Regarding the playset info -- Somebody should tell Hasbro that the declining interest in playsets probably has more to do with how lame the last few playsets have been. Had they been half as cool as what many people come up with in our threads, then they would sell. Seriously.

How true, how true. Quality things sell, while shoddy (unthought out ) items do not.

I also hope Hasbro will actually answer some of our questions like: "when will you release the AT-TE?" In the fall of 2007, instead of were looking into this or we don't do new vehicles in a none movie year etc.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    I would hope that they can draw that conclusion...except for the EU. I hate it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrandon
    I also hope Hasbro will actually answer some of our questions like: "when will you release the AT-TE?" In the fall of 2007, instead of were looking into this or we don't do new vehicles in a none movie year etc.
    When they say "we're looking into doing this" it means they don't have any solid plans for it, there's no designs, no tooling, no packaging being printed up, no idea if they'll do it at all. Unless they're being directly evasive, which so far I haven't got the feeling of, basically they're saying "we're taking your input seriously but don't have any plans at the moment to release that item" which is better than "we're not doing one at this time, screw you".