Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Yes Tricks, finally someone else I don,t look crazy any more! Well maybe I do. The single most figure that i have always wanted would be the yellow R2 unit with see through dome from ESB. This would be so cool! Right behind you Troche!
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Yes!! R4 and R5 and that clear-domed one! Just make them all!
    All they have to do is resculpt the head since the bodies are so similar. What could be easier than that?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yes, I must say I am both excited and disappointed by this news. I'm glad to see an R4 unit, but I hope to still see an R5-D4 resculpt, as the POTF2 version is one of the worst Star Wars figures ever. Bring on astromechs in all their myriad forms, Hasbro! That clear-domed one would make me really happy.
    Last edited by Obi-Dan Kenobi; 10-31-2001 at 09:15 PM.

YES, a new droid. They really do need to re-do the R5-D4 droid though. even so, I look forward to any droids that they come up with. I would probably buy them all as long as they were actually action figures and not just 2 molded pieces of plastic on 1 hinge.
    The power of the force

I think its great that we're getting R4-M9 since I've wanted him for ages But also R5-d4 needs an update to improve over the last one!
    Last edited by El Chuxter; 11-01-2001 at 02:17 PM.
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I am glad to see such an outpouring of replies to this thread. I love the fact that we are getting one of the coolest Astromech droids ever. And I wholeheartedly look forward to the possibility of the clear domed droid as well! I still think that Hasbro needs to address the correction of that greivous error that is the missle firing R5-D4. And as I've said, it opens the door for more variations on the same body/head.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

R5-D4 - Please, please, please!

Dearest Hasbro folks,

Having seen a rumor list of upcoming figures for this year, I am generally pleased with what's coming. Great army builders, one more vintage redo (Madine), and lots of nifty two-packs. However, there is one injustice in the modern line that still needs to be addressed. Please, forever erase the memory of the missile-firing abomination that was the POTF2 R5-D4, and give us a beautifully sculpted, decoed, three-legged replacement. A pop-up blown motivator would also be nice, if it doesn't goof up the appearance. Maybe it could even be a two-pack with one of the other sandcrawler droids. Grant me this wish, Mighty Hasbro, for my 24 years of collecting loyalty.
    "Three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit."

With all of us R5-D4 fans clamouring for a resculpt and the news that he's in ATOC --- it would appear that Hasbro REALLY missed the starship on this one. How awesome it would've been to have gotten this guy during midnight madness. As it is --- I'm am angry AND bitterly disappointed.

Curse their corporate body, it wasn't fast enough.

My heart is heavy with regret and the fun that might have been. I can't believe we're getting another PloGOON!!!! and no R5.

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

I'm sure we'll see a new R5-D4 this year sometime (fingers crossed). Yes, a new one needs to be made.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

All you have to do is make a new head for a little astro droid. can't be that hard to do can it? So why haven't you done it yet?

I Emperor Jargo decree that you Hasbro shall have a figural representation of the R5-D4 in stores by summertime. Okay?

*that should have it sorted guys, thank me later yeah?*