Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Exclamation Petition for new R5-D4

This is very urgent. I think some kind of petition, vote, poll or consitutional amendment needs to be started to solve this problem. No more head splitting, missile shooting, straight lever/L lever or laser gun legs nonsense. Who's with me?
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Thumbs up

I actually heard that they will be releasing a new R5-D4.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I've been reading that for the last 6 months as well. I don't think a petition is necessary. I think Hasbro knew they blew it with mega-missile launching R5-D4.

(D'oh!)
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Though I agree that perhaps a petition is not particularly necessary, I think Hasbro needs to know that R5-D4 is still on our minds. If for no other reason than to support the projected resculpt. I too had read rumors that R5 was already in the works, but was surprised that the intrepid droid was absent from the mix that included rumored characters like FX-7 and Eeth Koth, but lacked Bo Shek and Teebo. But then perhaps these three figures' prototypes or paint masters were not ready in time for Wizard World.
    An R5-D4 makes sense not just to correct a terrible error, but also because R5, like R2, is an easy template for other similar droids.

Wink Just Kidding!

I meant my first post as a joke. Sometimes we can get a little worked up over a fig that should be made or remade. I just thought I would take it a ridiculous step forward.

And where did I learn to spell constitutional?
    Shop Smart! Shop S-Mart!

Originally posted by evenflow
    I actually heard that they will be releasing a new R5-D4.
    I've heard about that as well! But if they go ahead with it will see the droid around EP2s release!
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Thumbs up

I assume that with the Episode II figures, the classic figures will slowdown, but not stop completely. There are still some figures that have been mentioned that we have not seen; R5-D4, BoShek, & Teebo. I don't see it being a problem.

We still want R5-D4!

I wanted to take a moment to thank Hasbro for R4-M9, a droid I've wanted for ages! However, I am sad to discover that this droid comes to us at the expense of the long-awaited, corrected, resculpt/rerelease of R5-D4! I can't wait for R4-M9, don't get me wrong, I am just hopeful that Hasbro still intends to rerelease R5-D4 in a corrected version. The more droids the better I say, but please do not forget to correct one of the most glaring mistakes of the past.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I gotta back that up! SSG just reported that the R5-D4 was abandonded for this figure and while I am grateful for a new-domed-astromech, I really think we need to replace that POTF2 piece of laughable junk named "R5-D4".

Oh, and anybody at Hasbro, please do an Astromech from the classic trilogy that has a clear dome with the detaily bits inside!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Thumbs up

As much as ai think that R5-D4 needs a resculpt, i am not really upset with what we have just heard. I'd rather get something new that we have never gotten before. CLear top Droid would be cool too.