Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Would you like SSC to include a scene specific base for each 12" Star Wars figure?

Now that we know SS will include a Sand/dirt base for their upcoming Droid 3 pack for Darth Maul I think it's time for SS to include a similar base/stand for each 12" Star Wars figure. Luke could had come with either a Death Star or Jabba's Palace floor section and Anakin could come with, hell anything really. I know the SDCC version will have the droid base, so at least they have something in the works, but I'd like to see them all with their own bases.
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

As cool as it might be, a specialized base would mean either the price would have to go up or the quality of the figure would have to go down, and I'm not really into either. I haven't thought about using the base with my Luke fig yet, it's not really big enough to make a diorama - it's barely big enough to notice under his feet at all. I know SSC does offer some generic battle landscape pieces separately from their other figures though, but they can reuse those with several sets, the SW ones would be sorta 1-shot.

If they could do it without affecting price or quality, I wouldn't say no though.

What if they took the current round base and put a photo of a Star Wars floor on it instead of the brand name, would that be ok or is sculpted the only thing you'd accept?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was thinking of a sculpted base only. I don't think a sticker would look very good. That would be like getting leather seats in a KIA. I wouldn't mind if the price went up 5-10 bucks but not anymore that that. The price of the SDCC Anakin didn't go up and we are getting a base. So I don't know if it would be that big of a deal. I can't believe no one else has replied.
    (Like my posts)

I think that would be pretty cool. The scene-specific bases on the Premium Format figures look fantastic! The upcoming one with Dagobah Luke is so awesome...

But then again, there's something about uniform stands/bases for figures on a display next to each other.

I dunno.. I guess I would be happy if they did 'em, but wouldn't really think much about it if they didn't. (how's that for a flimsy answer? )

Not good enough, try again later.
    (Like my posts)

Alright.... I'll try after you get your beauty sleep.

I agree with JediTricks. I think including specialized bases would drive the cost up, and I don't think it's a necessary addition. I like the way they are doing the desert base--include it as part of an accessory pack.
    "The boy you trained, gone he is...consumed by Darth Vader." - Yoda, Revenge of the Sith

Yodasnews Review Archive: http://www.kid4life.com/yoda2/figurereviews06.htm

You guys are nothing but a bunch of thrifty collectors.
    (Like my posts)

I wouldn't mind a simple generic Star Warsy floor section as a base that is wide enough to connect to each other, or at least seamlessly flow, and maintain a good amount of room for each figure.
    I like a uniform look, and a long continuous floor section would be nice.
    I wouldn't want to pay more though either, it is not that important to me. Offering different bases separatley would be fine. If you want one, get one, and if you need extras, you can get em.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbowars
    I was thinking of a sculpted base only. I don't think a sticker would look very good. That would be like getting leather seats in a KIA.
    I think your metaphor is backwards, it'd be like getting vinyl seats in a Bentley. I was thinking screened on though, not a sticker, but the idea is close enough that your comment still works.

I wouldn't mind if the price went up 5-10 bucks but not anymore that that. The price of the SDCC Anakin didn't go up and we are getting a base. So I don't know if it would be that big of a deal. I can't believe no one else has replied.
    Damn, you are generous on the pricing issue! SDCC Anakin *did* go up $5 for anybody who isn't going to the con, and that's on top of the $5 increase that Anakin already carries over the other 12" SW figs, plus there's no actual stand in that set, it's just a base. IMO, these are actually $5 to $10 overpriced right now and can barely support their $50 pricetags, they're using generic bodies, they feel like $40 figures with $10 boxes.

You guys are nothing but a bunch of thrifty collectors.
    Hell yes I very nearly didn't get into this line at all because of how damn expensive these are already! They're releasing 7, 8 of these a year at $50 a pop, plus we're collecting all sorts of Hasbro crap and LEGO crap and Master Replicas Force FX, and that's just the poorer collectors like me who can't afford Premium Formats and Limited Edition Lightsabers and Studio Scale Replicas and such.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.