Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Stormtrooper on bass, Jango Fett on keyboards...

My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I'm really loving the sound these guys have. and just for a bit o' background info: the band consists of Cee-lo and Danger Mouse (the dude on the keys.) You might recognize Danger Mouse as the guy who produced the last Gorillaz album, "Demon Days."

I think i'm gonna have to check this album out. I'm not a fan of rap, but this looks like it's more soul/old school hip hop.
    "Woke up at 9.55am. Soon as I woke up, I looked at Suzanne and she looked at me. I said, 'Did I tell you about the immune system?' Suzanne starting laughing, I said, 'it's amazing.' She said, 'Not now.'"

Cool. excellent track, rare to hear a decent soul voice these days.

I think you're crazy. I think you're crazy. etc.

Other costumed perfomers were: Imperial Officers on stringed instruments, wookiee on drums, their keyboardist as a Jedi, and back-up singers as Rebel pilots.

SW-related lines to connect to this:

"And these bass riffs, too random for Sand People. Only Imperial Stormtroopers are so consistent."

"That's because droids don't lay down a wicked drum solo when it's awards night. Wookiees are known to do that."

"Always two there are: a lead and a rhythm guitarist."

"You're not actually going to dress as Star Wars characters at an MTV Awards ceremony?" "They'd be singing with us on 'Crazy' wouldn't they?"
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

This song got the ol' mute approach from me the other night.

I surprisingly liked that song. The lead singer has a great voice.

It's not normally my type of music WHATSOEVER but there was something about it.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

I was on the fence the first time i listened to it...but the second time, I decided I was OK with it.
    My wife treats me like an ATM machine. She pushes my buttons until I give her money.

I'm still trying to figure out the name Gnarls Barkley.

I've been listening to other songs on there Myspace profile and I really like them. This music is totally something I SHOULDN'T like but I do. I may have to go out and get the CD when I get paid this week.
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!