Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Spiderman reveals his secret identity!

this sure came as a surprise to me anyone else hear about this before today?
    [FONT=Times New Roman]
    "NEW YORK - For a comic book hero, it's the ultimate taboo.

In the latest edition of the Marvel comic "Civil War" on sale, Spiderman does the unthinkable and removes his Spidey mask to publicly reveal his hidden identity.

"I'm proud of who I am, and I'm here right now to prove it," the legendary webslinger tells a press conference called in New York's Times Square, before pulling off his mask and standing before the massed ranks of reporters as newspaper photographer Peter Parker.

"Any questions?" Parker asks in the final panel of the issue, amid a barrage of camera flashes.

In a statement, Marvel trumpeted the revelation as "arguably the most shocking event in comic book history.""

[/FONT]http://www.abs-cbnnews.com/storyPage.aspx?storyId=41780

Holy carp!! I don't read comic books but that's quite a deal there.

I would hope they aren't doing it because sales are low though?
    Up, up, and OKAAAAY!!!

It's probably an alternate universe type thing and they'll change it all again later. Then they'll bring back some dead guy who wasn't really dead. Or was really dead, but brought back anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Caesar
    It's probably an alternate universe type thing and they'll change it all again later. Then they'll bring back some dead guy who wasn't really dead. Or was really dead, but brought back anyway.

yeah, yeah, yeah... funny...

it's actually a pretty big thing - they have a storyline now running through all major character's books about registering all super-powered individuals with the government. Iron Man just outed himself, and since he's taken Spidey on as his protege of sorts, he's made the decision to follow suit.
    Nachos are the right of all sentient beings.

The guns... They've stopped!
    - Dan Akroyd, Star Wars Episode IV - A New Hope

No, Caesar, it's tied in with the current Civil War storyline, where everyone gets to act out of character in the interest of big hero vs hero fights.

This kind of poop makes me glad I swore off Marvel. Shame, because they have the better characters of the two major companies.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter
    No, Caesar, it's tied in with the current Civil War storyline, where everyone gets to act out of character in the interest of big hero vs hero fights.
    oh, you loved "secret wars."

Everyone loved secret wars, but this is poo-doo.
    thanks Chux Turbo LBC Bobafrett Mtriv73 Rjarvis JF96 JT JMG FB Rogue2 Tycho Slicker Deoxy Caesar JontheJedi JJReason Brandon Solo JMS UK for great deals.
    SSG Pro Football Pick em and Bowl Pick em Champ 2006. 2007 NCAA Bracket Champ
    #24 - Gone but not forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by vyn
    Iron Man just outed himself, and since he's taken Spidey on as his protege of sorts, he's made the decision to follow suit.
    Wasn't Iron Man's identity already known in the Marvel Universe?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy
    Wasn't Iron Man's identity already known in the Marvel Universe?
    Yes and no. Tony Stark (who has been Iron Man most of the time) made his identity known at one time and has then spend a lot of time covering his tracks up again. At least according to ASM a few months back.

I knew this was happening. I've read ASM for years. This is far from the worst story line Marvel has ever done this Spidy (the Clone crap and MJ's "death" and separation are the tops in my mind).
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane

Quote Originally Posted by Kidhuman
    Everyone loved secret wars, but this is poo-doo.
    i think this crossover makes more sense than secret wars... and especially more sense than the new REMAKE of secret wars coming down the pike, "beyond"!

yeah, iron man's id was made public, then he got james rhodes to be iron man to appear next to him in public, so it "proved" he wasn't iron man. then after a while tony started being iron man again, and used remote-control iron man armor suits to appear beside him to still "prove" he wasn't iron man. now he's outed himself again.